Romney vs. Obama

Mitt or Romney?

• Mitt

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Romney

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Obama was off his game. Looks like Romney offensively shines forward. Some people even compare this to the Reagan and Carter US presidential debate. This would possibly turn around Romney’s struggling campaign.

find it amusing that we're not allowed to discuss Australian politics but we are allowed to discuss American politics.

I think that's because this forum is mostly focused on Australian property, not American property.

I think one of them will win but I'm not sure who will be more inclined to invade other countries.

By the way, I find it amusing that we're not allowed to discuss Australian politics but we are allowed to discuss American politics.
Doesn't surprise me. American politics can be discussed at arms length, where as in the case of Australian politics people are so emotionally wrapped up with their political ideologies (heavily bias from their own limited experiences) that they are not able to have a logical/sensible discussion.

Doesn't surprise me. American politics can be discussed at arms length, where as in the case of Australian politics people are so emotionally wrapped up with their political ideologies (heavily bias from their own limited experiences) that they are not able to have a logical/sensible discussion.

Agree. Although I didn't mind reading the odd political thread, I'm glad they're gone. Surely there are some good political websites where people can debate away until their little heart's content?

Agree. Although I didn't mind reading the odd political thread, I'm glad they're gone. Surely there are some good political websites where people can debate away until their little heart's content?

yeah, there's a great place on this "Somersoft" forum, called the "Coffee Lounge"....it's all o/t and you can type away to your hearts content.

By the way, I find it amusing that we're not allowed to discuss Australian politics but we are allowed to discuss American politics.
We can, but they always degenerate into a dribble and name call exercise, Sim/Keith crack it with it all and the curtain comes down..........................

Phony Tony
Juliar.

:p

Neither will bring the real change required to turn the US around IMO. Like Australian politics it's a lose/lose proposition to vote for either.

That's the problem with some business and political leaders they see their role in society as promoting their own personal ideologies rather the serving the people that voted for them,you only have to look at Labor and miss gillard and the slipper sideshow..

That's the problem with some business and political leaders they see their role in society as promoting their own personal ideologies rather the serving the people that voted for them
I don't know that they (in Politics) are doing this per se;

I reckon what happens on both sides is; they eventually get caught in the dilemma between doing what is required, but risk losing votes and their position in the next election, thus their livelihood disappears. Or; keep their collective jobs.

Feeding your family would win out every time I'd say. So, the compromise begins.

I wouldn't think many incumbent Federal Pollies or aspiring Federal Pollies would willingly bring in changes that they are fairly sure of costing them their place on the gravy train.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think many incumbent Federal Pollies or aspiring Federal Pollies would willingly bring in changes that they are fairly sure of costing them their place on the gravy train.

Or state pollies for that matter.

Even a lot of local government pollies imho.

There's a quote attributed to Paul Keating (though I think he was paraphrasing someone else) which goes something like:

"in the race of life always back self-interest, at least you know it's trying''

A second debate this time. Obama seemed studied his lessons well and appeared to be more engaged. A complete turnaround for Obama this time.

And the format worked well for Obama too - a hall full of uncommitted voters asking questions of the candidates.

The first "debate" was just the candidates spewing forth rhetoric in 15 minute segments.

I think they're both tossers.

Bring on Hillary for 2016.

Back