RPData Rismark and ASX introduce daily house price index

Adelaide and Perth aren't faring so well on the index, I must make some time to figure out how it's calculated.

It will be interesting to compare these indices with the movement in median prices this Q

Adelaide and Perth aren't faring so well on the index, I must make some time to figure out how it's calculated.

It will be interesting to compare these indices with the movement in median prices this Q

As Aaron has pointed out Perth is clearing some of the stock at least but many selling now are selling at a discount to what one would have thought if they were not paying close attention to the very recent; January and February sales. I would not need an index to tell me the first 3 months of this year would be down albeit with more stock clearing.

This is what you would expect of course; prices to fall, stock to start clearing. It would be time to hit the panic buttons if prices fell and stock went on increasing which was what was going on early last year when I thought it was waay to early to be buying in just because prices had fallen a little bit. Still too much stock for prices to increase in my opinion but it is in a better situation now than 12 months ago when the stock on market number alone precluded the possibility of price rises and almost guaranteed falls.

As Aaron has pointed out Perth is clearing some of the stock at least but many selling now are selling at a discount to what one would have thought if they were not paying close attention to the very recent; January and February sales. I would not need an index to tell me the first 3 months of this year would be down albeit with more stock clearing.

That news would be enough to darken even a black panther's mood. Maybe things will pick up in Perth in the 3rd quarter of this year.

i see another HUGE bulbble coming up.

Wow, is that a tautology? When is a bubble not hugely overpriced (in retrospect) ? It's like saying I want "more perfect...".

A bubble is actually very hard to see except in retrospect, after it has blown up. Then it's very easy to see. I guess property in Australia may fit into that category, but then everyone thinks it will just be flat for 5 years, because at the current time it is so hard to see it blowing up. It's easier to imagine the unimaginable after it's happened. That's human psychology for you.

This is what you would expect of course; prices to fall, stock to start clearing. It would be time to hit the panic buttons if prices fell and stock went on increasing which was what was going on early last year when I thought it was waay to early to be buying in just because prices had fallen a little bit. Still too much stock for prices to increase in my opinion but it is in a better situation now than 12 months ago when the stock on market number alone precluded the possibility of price rises and almost guaranteed falls.
Similar to Brisbane, price going nowhere in particular but stock is falling, the choice just isn't as good as it was during 2011 as the quality properties have been taken off the market by buyers and anything that is priced properly is selling quickly.

Back