Rudd determined to act on housing affordability

unfortunately it will be necessary for survival. until such point, we will just get told what to do and when to do it.

How do you figure it's necessary for "survival" to have 200 million people?

Do you mean that we'll need 200 mill to stop the marauding invaders that will take over the country? If so, that's a bit ridiculous.

Half the world don't even know where Australia is, and the other half that do know about us think that we are over on a different planet it's so far away, and they think the place is populated by snakes, spiders and kangaroos.

Contrary to what the Pollies think; we are basically nothing on the world stage; irrelevant.

I don't want 200 mill here because after living in the USA for the last 2 years, that many people is a pain in the @rse.

Too many crowds, queues, traffic jams; you can't go to any hoilday destination without hoards of filthy, lazy littering pigs chucking rubbish everywhere and clogging up the wilderness.

They have no manners, it' all about themselves; I'm first, get out of the way, gimmee, gimmee and so on.

Shut the gates.

you can't go to any hoilday destination without hoards of filthy, lazy littering pigs chucking rubbish everywhere and clogging up the wilderness. They have no manners, it' all about themselves; I'm first, get out of the way, gimmee, gimmee and so on.
Are you sure this is related to the numbers and not the race of people?

I'm curious...just what does the State Govt do with the revenue from Stamp Duty?

QldGovt.gif

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]?opendocument
http://www.shelternsw.infoxchange.net.au/docs/rpt06staterevenues-sb29.pdf
http://www.budget.qld.gov.au/at-a-glance/queensland-state-budget-at-a-glance-2007-08.pdf

Rudd and Swan will play the compassionate Big Brother angle until the coal fueled power stations are decommissioned.

More important to them to stay onside with the true believers and bleeding hearts then to spend a bit of time talking frankly with the nation about how an economy works.

I agree with Mark, there's nothing they can do about it that doesn't involve raising even more taxes. When will the left ever wake up that no matter how good they feel extorting OPM, then cutting themselves an exorbitant wage out of it, then spending it inefficiently, only makes things worse.

The best thing they can do is force the states to give back the stamp duty they have been thieving since GST was introduced.

Then talk some sense into the enviro-drunk LGAs about how fhb's cannot afford the green levy built into the development and building code agenda.....

Finally, if the FHSA scheme is a sign of things to come, I wouldn't want to have Rudd as my Big Brother, or my God........

Then Rudd might want to review what it means to have signed up to Kyoto, and the economic hardship that will cause.

Well, Australia wanted more left govt, now they've got it.

I think this post above kinda reflects my thoughts pretty well.

.. and this one below too (from another thread)

labor party has always had the same plan
  1. Convince the gullible that Its Time For A Change
  2. get elected
  3. rule the masses
  4. get booted
  5. wait for the Liberal/Nats to fix everything
Goto 1

sailor, this link to the Victorian State Revenue Office should assist.

"The SRO administers Victoria's taxation legislation and collects a range of taxes, duties and levies. In 2005-06 the SRO collected almost $7.96 billion in revenue for the Victoria Government.

The SRO also adminsters the First Home Owner Grant and the First Home Bonus."
Thanks Dave...so none of it is spent on releasing new land, or training apprentices then! Mmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

They just waste it.
Pay that Tubs....I much prefer your answer....:)

Thanks WW...I had wondered if it went into the slush fund.

Hi, Dave Hooper

Made a typo on that. $6K tax credits per yr for 10 yrs, and $2K in cash or kind for landlord who charge 20% less rent than the market rate.

Would landlords take it? Would it not be simply getting 20% of your money from the government instead of from a tenant.

Regards
Daniel Lee

Hi, Dave Hooper

Made a typo on that. $6K tax credits per yr for 10 yrs, and $2K in cash or kind for landlord who charge 20% less rent than the market rate.

Would landlords take it? Would it not be simply getting 20% of your money from the government instead of from a tenant.

Regards
Daniel Lee

Daniel - i wouldnt take the $2k in cash for giving a 20% discount on rent... like someone else already mentioned, that would just attract less desirable tennants who would probably inflict more damage on your property than the $2k "incentive" would cover... which would in turn lower the market value of your rent, so you have to give MORE of a discount... *i think you can see the spiralling pattern here*

I'd rather charge the market rent and attract good tennants - a good tennant is worth more than 20% of your rental income!

Are you sure this is related to the numbers and not the race of people?

Are you serious?

It's related to the NUMBERS of people. The USA is such a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities now, it's almost rare to see a good ol' Ozzie and Harriet WASP family.

The disgusting manners and lack of consideration for the planet, and other people who inhabitant it is NOT restricted to any one race.

Interestingly; every race blames every other race in the no manners dept.

All races smoke; all smokers chuck their disgusting left-over butts out their car windows into gutters, or wherever they happen to be.

All races drop cr@p everywhere and pretend they don't notice it, or simply throw rubbish blatantly out the car window. I'm ashamed to be a human sometimes.

Generally, Americans, and no doubt the tourists, are blinkered to rubbish on the ground, and make no attempt to pick it up if they walk past it. :mad:

Back