Run Property - RUN Online Tool

I have read a few other posts here and elsewhere on the net regarding Run Property. However, I was more interested for those who have used them on their thoughts with their online functionality.

That is the ability to review all landlord statements, invoices, statements and all property documentation. It also has some generic industry news, depreciation calculators and property insights newsletters.

Do you think these are of value and use them?

My last property manager offered me all this stuff... for a fee.

I told them I wasnt interested in this "extra service" when I could simply call them up a get a general ledger report (which in my opinion is much more transparent than the "consolidated reporting" on my usual statements).

They way I saw it was, you pay them and in return they do less work.

1. Agency offers you online service
2. You pay to have this online service
3. Because you can access it online you don't need to call them as much.

If anything they should have given me a discount if I chose to take up the online option.

If I could get all statements online, for the same price, then it is an option I would take.

Online bank statements have saved me loads of effort when it has come to tax time.

However, I would want some kind of email notification to advise that a new statement is available (maybe even attach it as a pdf).

However, I would want some kind of email notification to advise that a new statement is available (maybe even attach it as a pdf).

I got a couple of properties with Run. They send you an email with your property statement everytime they pay you the rent. The statement is also archived on their online tool.

The online tool is a "nice to have" but it's not as advanced as online banking.

RUN are very advanced in their online services. Us smaller agencies have a lot to learn from them. Their tools are pretty good.

Would you need it to be as advanced as online banking?

With what it is currently. I find there is no real advantage in having the run online portal if you archived all rental statements on your PC.

My next property purchase will be going to a local property manager (who has in depth knowledge in the area) to manage. I dont see a real advantage of using RUN.

Back