Sales agent in Springfield lakes Qld

Hi

I've been a silent watcher for a while and always learnt something new and useful from all the posts. After watching all the comments about Ipswich market, we have come up with a difficult decision of putting our IP on the market. However we are interstate and only have limited connection and knowledge of the area. Could anyone recommend a good real estate agent in the Springfield lakes area or share some advice as to how to select a good real estate agent?

Thanks!

Sorry i don't know any - but have a look at the way they advertise their properties including the pictures and descriptions. that may eliminate some agents to call up.

Hi

I've been a silent watcher for a while and always learnt something new and useful from all the posts. After watching all the comments about Ipswich market, we have come up with a difficult decision of putting our IP on the market. However we are interstate and only have limited connection and knowledge of the area. Could anyone recommend a good real estate agent in the Springfield lakes area or share some advice as to how to select a good real estate agent?

Thanks!
I have used Rudy Grommen at Ray White Goodna a couple of times now for buying and selling, and we always catch up over coffee when I'm up there.

He's the principal of the business, very motivated and knowledgeable of whats happening in his market, he also keeps you regularly updated on the progress of the sale. I've PM'd you his details.

Have a chat to him and see what you think.

Mystery

share some advice as to how to select a good real estate agent?

If I didn't work in a real estate office, and I was selling in Springfield Lakes, I would use an agent that is IN Springfield Lakes. There are several agencies that are in the precinct, and I would immediately narrow your search to one of them, and not in 'nearby' suburbs.

My office sells properties all over Brisbane, but they are always just a "few suburbs away" and our sales technique is fairly transferable.

To me, Springfield Lakes is a little bubble, and the market there does its own thing. Lots of people will ONLY want to live in Springfield Lakes, and will only window shop at agencies that are in the suburb and amongst the coffee shops.

So my advice would be to research agencies that have "Springfield Lakes" in their name, and go from there.

In terms of selecting one, ask unusual questions like: what's the average days on the market, average discounting for the area, how many people through other properties at open for inspections, ask for examples of their own recent sales and ask for a realistic valuation. Tell them that you are not going to select the agent that gives them the highest appraisal, and demand honesty.

Generally these questions will expose a good/bad agent better than "what's my house worth". This tactic will also reveal that you are not a complete idiot, and they will need to work hard to get your business.

And most importantly, let us know how you go.

Back