Saving a PIA report

W

WebBoard

Ian,

Is it possible to save a PIA report (Summary, Cashflow or Financial, for example) other than by just printing it? I was wondering whether it could be saved in, say for argument's sake, a Word format, or even straight text.

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

An undocumented (and unsupported) feature of PIA is that you can copy any page of any report to the clip board using Ctrl/C. Because of embedded graphics, this is copied as a windows metafile and may not be a perfect representation of what you see within PIA. Other ways to save reports are (a) on paper - i.e. print them, or
(b) as a pdf file (you need Adobe Acrobat)

Reports are so easy to regenerate, there was not a perceived need to have them stored separate to the PIA file. Nevertheless, nowadays many professionals want to email PIA reports to clients and we are in the process of making it possible to save or email a PIA report and have it read using a PIA Report Reader. The latter will be a small program available free of charge from the web site.

Reply: 1.1

Hi Ian,

Just back from holidays? :)

>Nevertheless, nowadays many professionals want to
>email PIA reports to clients and we are in the process of
>making it possible to save or email a PIA report and have it
>read using a PIA Report Reader. The latter will be a
>small program available free of charge from the web site.

In my case it was a question of emailing my report to my accountant. I look forward to the enhancement to PIA and the Report Reader.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Back