School Reunions

Don't need school reunions

Just use facebook to see who got fat.

I don't know if you were joking (and I hope you were!), but that is exactly the reason that I didn't feel confident to go to mine. I've got fat, I'm not hugely successful (doing ok though) and don't have kids. Would be pulled apart!

Yes, but why couldnt they have chosen a more low cost option such as a restaurant or a park?

Well a restaurant wouldn't make sense unless the whole thing is booked out as you can't walk around etc. Also likely to be more than $50. Even if it was cheaper how much would you save? $10?

Went to my 10 year a few years ago and it was a great night. Godd to see all the guys I hadn't seen for a while, everyone got on well, even groups that weren;t friends at school and we all ended up going out until the wee hours of the morning.

Only criticism was that it was mainly people who were doing reasonably well for themselves (generally banking & finance), not that they came to brag, it's just that the one's who weren't doing so well probably decided to stay away. So it was a little bit sterile.

The $50 only covers finger food, 2 drinks and venue hire. :eek:
Couldn't they have found a much cheaper venue? Anyway, I wasn't blown away by the 10 and 15 year reunions. I still might go to the 30 year one...

Go to the next one, MTR, but have a bit of fun. Hire a limo and driver. Get him to come in half way through the night holding a phone.
'Sir. It's Bono. This is the third time he has called.'
You can sigh and say, 'Tell him I'm in a meeting. And remind him he's coming to see me on Tuesday in London. And tell him not to wear those stupid glasses. He knows I hate them.'
An hour later the driver can come back with the phone, 'Sir, New York. They said they want to talk.'
You can say, 'They know they're going to have to find another $300 million before we have a conversation.'
Then at the end of the night he can come in and say, 'Sir, we have to go. The jet is ready. Your guests are on board. If we miss the take-off curfew, they are going to have to postpone the ceremony again.'

Wow, you are very creative, I like it, :)

But I don't need a school reunion to do this.....just hire a limo and grab a couple of good friends and we can party all night, no need to make small talk.

Once is enough for me, I see many had great time at their reunions, what can I say.... has to be something to do with who attended, of course nothing wrong with me, I am perfect:p

Mt Druitt? That'd be one scary reunion.

Ah, it wasn't that bad. Alcoholic dementia did affect a few ....." hi, I'm datto, I'll repay you that 500 I borrowed from you in year 10, sometime next week"

Dude..."huh? what 500? who's datto? where am I? gimme another beer! who's taken off with my misses?" lol

funny-friday-pictures-dumpaday-71.jpg

Just joking

I'm not on Facebook :D

Catching up with different people over the years it seems a year 6 reunion maybe more interesting than a high school one, though it seems a large number may need to get a day release from Prison :rolleyes:

I caught up with a couple of the guys a while back and they see and still talk about all the people. For example it would be "and Joey went over to Noddies and said blah blah" and then we all went out and did x... and I'm sitting there thinking wow, I am struggling to even remember these names. I feel like I have lived several lives whilst they have tread water.

Back