Sea Change for See Change or the Kids won't leave home so we did ....

With some changes at work that I wasn't happy with , I decided it was time to move on to somewhere else . I had some obvious options which I talked to , and one asked " would I like to go to Newcastle for a few months , we desperately need a locum there

" I live in Sydney " was my initial response

but after a couple of seconds I though ... mmm

we have a weekender in Port Stephens :cool:

and ..... that means :)

we have to leave the kids at home in Sydney ( youngest 19 ) :D

So after working in Sydney for 30 years and living with kids for the last 24 years we're spending this summer living on the waterfront in Port Stephens without kids ;)

We will do reverse weekends , coming back to Sydney to check the house is still intact.

The kids biggest concern ... Are you taking the dogs with you ??:eek:

My thoughts are we wouldn't want to live up there all the time , but after a few months maybe we might change our minds

Cliff

Believe me Cliff .. you WILL change you mind! Welcome and don't forget to have a coffee at Swells (Merewether Beach) for me ... I miss Swells

G'day see change,

Nice to have a break in a different location,even though you'll be working.

As they change(see change)is as good as a holiday.

I'm sure you'll be eye balling some diamonds while your up that way.

Cheers Spades.

Yes :)

They like coming out on the kayaks and standup paddle board and the hobie trimaran .

They've learnt that if you run after birds flying past , you don't get far ....

Cliff

Have a friend living in Port Stephens, it is absolutely fabulous, beats Noosa hands down, cant see you coming back. Other friends did this, kids wouldnt move out, so they moved out and rented by the beach near us. They are now finding the kids arent looking after the house, garden too big, want to go out, cant be bothered spending all weekend cutting lawns, cleaning kitchens bathrooms etc. which is causing friends great stress and they are going back and spending all weekend to bring house up to scratch (and they are not young) I suggested they advise the kids to go get an apartment together, much easier to look after, and then friends can rent their house out. Problem solved

Have a friend living in Port Stephens, it is absolutely fabulous, beats Noosa hands down, cant see you coming back. Other friends did this, kids wouldnt move out, so they moved out and rented by the beach near us. They are now finding the kids arent looking after the house, garden too big, want to go out, cant be bothered spending all weekend cutting lawns, cleaning kitchens bathrooms etc. which is causing friends great stress and they are going back and spending all weekend to bring house up to scratch (and they are not young) I suggested they advise the kids to go get an apartment together, much easier to look after, and then friends can rent their house out. Problem solved

No lawns , so one problem solved.

Hopefully the kids will look after place . At least one of them is neat :) .

We do have a unit in mosman we can send them too , but that might get us off side with the other owners ...

Cliff

My parents have a weekender there too, been going up for the last 25 years now. I suppose its different for everyone depending on their tastes / social needs.

I personally still need Sydney night life, variety of theatres and restaurants, cant get that in Port Stephens, say hi to Aussie Bob for me.

My parents have a weekender there too, been going up for the last 25 years now. I suppose its different for everyone depending on their tastes / social needs.

I personally still need Sydney night life, variety of theatres and restaurants, cant get that in Port Stephens, say hi to Aussie Bob for me.

I think we still need that dose of sydney , but I'm looking at it as a Detox program.

So where does Aussie Bob hang out ?

Cliff

Back