second quote

Spoke to the PM this morning about getting another quote for some maintenance. I had already requested it a week prior.

Me: Why didn't you get another quote?
PM: But I don't know any builders, I'd have to Google it.

End rant.

Sigh.

Is it me? Am I too demanding?

Happens far too often.

I had the same situation with a PM of one of my places earlier this year. But I googled some places and copied the links into an email for her to follow up on. I stood my ground and made sure that extra quotes were provided.

Really annoys me that all they will use is there trades, who are more often than not very expensive.

No - doesn't sound too demanding. Nothing wrong with requesting a couple of quotes. It's a pity they don't have connections - I'd assume most PM's would have builders/handy men/women they know.

Cheers

Jamie

Any good PM would have at least contractors on their books to alternate works and if the repair/service.

It would take the same amount of time to look up a tradesman as it does to have the discussion with the owner.

It's fair to ask for another quote since you will be paying for it after all.

But I also see 2 problems with the PM.

1. Not willing to lift a finger to help
2. Not bothering to get back to you

This is a simple task, so I would wonder how much effort they put in when they have to find a new tenant. Minimal or maximum?

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll have to consider changing PMs (though, I've said that before).

Some of the PM's responses leave me speechless. So much so that the PM is on the phone saying 'Hello?, Hello?'. Its hard to know where to start.

Back