Security

Hi Sim,

I have just logged on after having several problems with getting into the chat room and all of a sudden I am logged on as myself but have Phil H's User Control Panel and full access to his private messages etc !

PIppety

Yes, it is a problem that people occasionally have with proxy servers - you and Phil both share the same ISP, and they force you to use a proxy server. Their proxy server is most likely MS Proxy, which is not completely compliant with the HTTP specifications, and as such there are occasionally problems.

This is the first time I have heard of anyone having access to someone else's actual setting though - usually it just looks like you are logged in as someone else, but you are actually really logged in as yourself.

I will be implementing some changes today which should hopefully avoid these problems in future.

Sim,

The problem is still happening. I cannot see my own User Control Panel. I just read a message from Sunstone to Phil_H by accident !

PIppety

Dear Pippety,

Life wasn't meant to be boring.

But we know you can keep secrets. If it is only happening between you and Phil then I think we are pretty safe even though it can be annoying.

:-------------)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

I've made some changes which I'm hoping will solve the problem. The only issue is that it does increase the bandwidth usage of the site - which will cost Ian more money.

The problem is actually related to the proxy server used by iPrimus - so if Phil and PIppety can actually survive without using the proxy then that should also solve the problem (until someone else has a problem with a proxy server that they cannot avoid using).

Back