selling a house that still needs work???

Hi, we brought a property in Tasmania really cheap about 5 years ago, we have done a bit of work to it, but it still needs work. We need to sell the house this year, hopefully sooner rather than later. Should we finish or just sell? How do you go about selling a unfinished renovated home?

Thanks.

No problem. Just list it as partially renovated. Lots of buyers are interested in houses which need more work.

I cannot tell you the number of houses for sale that require completion of works.

Be truthful in the advertising and pricing and there should be no problems.

However, always take advise from the local agents and see if the market will accept is as Tassie is a much smaller market.

It can be a selling point.

'Unfinished reno. All the hard work has been done. You just have to add the finishing touch. Blah blah blah'

That sort of thing is what agents write in ads. If enough people think it's going to be a bargain, you might get more for it than you would if it was finished.

Scott

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Generally it just needs a new kitchen, paint on the outside and a bit of landscaping (well a fair bit). We have painted the inside, fixed the rumpus/4th bedroom, which was a unlivable room before, redone the bathroom, and put in new flooring. We just wanna get rid of the place as we want to get out of Tasmania. We could rent it out as I found out that the rental market is in need of more rental propertys in this area but dunno....

I guess just want to know would it be worth fixing the kitchen and repainting outside etc just sell as is? So hard to know what to do as we havent been in this position before.

So any advise is great thanks :)

Hi, we brought a property in Tasmania really cheap about 5 years ago, we have done a bit of work to it, but it still needs work. We need to sell the house this year, hopefully sooner rather than later. Should we finish or just sell? How do you go about selling a unfinished renovated home?

Thanks.

I am definitely sure that you can sell your sell house easily for a good price. Choosing a good real estate agent to sell your property will help you do the task very easily. These days finding a good real estate agent is not a difficult task, the realtors today are highly experienced and skilled.

Back