Selling amongst others- help!

Hi everyone,

My PPOR apartment is one of approx 200 (at a guess) but not one of those hideous high rises, more lots of apartments spread throughout lovely gardens.

My apartment will be going on the market in the next few days but just this week I have noticed two more also going up for sale. The apartments are all extremely comparable (although I quietly think mine presents the best :))

I know it's spring but how do you think having two other apartments (or more!) will affect the price/ speed of sale?

The apartments are all extremely comparable (although I quietly think mine presents the best :))
Without wanting to lecture you, this is why I would avoid buying in large complexs. There is nothing unique about them. If one or two other owners in the complex have to off-load for fire-sale prices because of personal circumstances, then you have 2 comparables at low prices that any valuer working for an incoming purchaser will be able to spot. :(

I know it's spring but how do you think having two other apartments (or more!) will affect the price/ speed of sale?
It will lower the price and the speed of your sale. Also purchasers will be able to play one vendor off another. In my own mind, when I see a few units for sale in the one block, I start to wonder 'why are they all trying to get out?' It may be for valid reasons, or it may be that the BC is about to raise a special levy. Either way, I am very wary. :cool:

For your sale, you will have to go 'above and beyond' to try to make yours stand out from the others. Presentation, marketing, choice of agent, realistic pricing from the start etc.

Back