Selling IPs - do I need to notify PM in writing?

The PM is aware { I told her verbaly} that I am selling . Do I also need to inform them in writing? She didn't asked for it, but I dont trust this PM very much.

I am selling it through another agency.

Also do I need to write to the tenants? They are aware of sale

ALWAYS confirm these things in writing.
Things may never go wrong, but !!! Things tend to go wrong most often when there is nothing in writing.

I would even give a copy to the tenant, as a matter of courtesy.

Good advice there Nimee - ALWAYS put it in writing - but can I ask your motivation for selling? The Somers principle is buy and hold. You can tell me to mind my own business if you like.

Mitzi

Mitzi, mind you own business:D

I do whole heartedly agree with buy and hold principle. But in this case I am only selling because I can pay off my ppor. And I am not selling all my IPs.

When I do the numbers it does not make that much of a difference to the overall benifit; but emotionaly it will be a big milestone [what exactly is a milestone?]. especialy for one who arrived here with less than $3000 in hand and no idea what was going to happen.

Another reason is I am going to set up trust for my next purchases.[oh yes I will be buying soon]. And no more undeductible debt. hooray !

Nimee
You asked:
what exactly is a milestone?

Heres the answer:

In England on every main road there used to be a stone marker every mile, a milestone, so you could tell how far you had gone .

Some of these even had the distance to the next town, and from the last town, so you didn't need to count the stone markers.

So a Milestone is just a point in your chosen path that you have reached.

:)

Back