Semaphore, S.A.

Yes, I think it is well poised for capital appreciation. It is close to Port Adelaide and the New Port Quays development. Beachsise suburb with large blocks and character homes.

The whole of Adelaide is set to boom due to:
The defence boom
Resource boom and the new infrastructure in the Northern suburbs.

see www.adelaidepropertyfinders.com.au for more info and also our last newsletter had some information of reasons why we think Adelaide is on the move :D

Hope this helps ;)

Hi X

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is that some good friends of mine keep asking me where they should buy (like I hold a crystal ball :>) and they are not investors.

I dont like to offer my friends opinion because they take it as gospel... this makes me feel very nervous. They have come up with this area themselves :>

Do you know if you can subdivide any of the blocks? and which part of the area would be the best?

Thanks very much!

PS. Is it a heavily tenanted area or owner occupied?

Francesca,

I have drawn up a bit of a map for you and will Pm it through to you. If anyone else would like to see it just drop me a message but I don't really want to make it available publicly as it is just based on the opinions of a co-worker who has lived in Semaphore for 30+ years.

Gools

Hi Everyone

My friends are seriously interested in a property over in Semphamore, it is going at auction in a weeks time.. starting price $360k

We live in W.A...... any suggestions?

I have also heard properties are selling before auction, we dont want to get emotional about this... can anyone suggest right course of action.

Hope your all having a great day!
Fran

Hi Francesca

Semaphore is a nice spot. As Xenia mentioned it is close to the Newport Quays 2 billion dollar development, it’s a beach side suburb and it is about 7km away form the Techport where they have about 9.5 billion dollars of contracts and probably more to come. Probably not a bad spot to invest.

semaphore

I really like Semaphore - it has more atmosphere than Port Adelaide. There is development happening around there but there are also some industrial type areas so your friends need to visit or get someone to check out which side of town the property is on.

You can often buy before auction but usually not at any bargain price. At the price you mentioned, I doubt it will be there long or will go for more than that. I know a friend who bought land last year in the area and paid $280 for a tiny block.

Gools

THANK you so much for the information and the map, that is so nice of you to invest the time

I have forwarded onto them.. so that they know where to look.

I dont think they will want to invest the cash in a buyers agents, however, since the market is a little heated over there, I do not know how we can make sure we pick the right property at the right price.

Fran,

If they wont use a buyers agent then doing as much research as possible using RPData etc and then flying over to inspect in person is a must. Perth - Adelaide flights might be cheap insurance for an investment which is $300k+ That's what I would do. You should be able to work out what people are paying per sqm then try and rank the properties they are looking at interms of condition etc to safeguard against paying too much.

Wish there was an easy answer :)

Gools

Back