Seminar Property Update (Michael Yardney)

Hi all,

This is my first post, please be nice :). I am new to this world of investing in property but really keen to get start. I came to a few free property seminars but I really need information that are not attached to a particular organisation (not hard selling).

I know this seminar is coming to Perth and it looks like the one that I need.
http://propertyupdate.com.au/2011-events/the-outlook-for-Australian-property-investors/

I am not attached to this organisation but I was wondering if anyone has come to this kind of seminar, is it good? Will I get much good information for starting to invest in property?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Tim

Tim

I haven't been to any of their events yet because I didn't feel they had much to offer to me but this could be a good event for beginners or for those who want to meet like minded people.

Its not an expensive event so if I was in your position and had the ability to attend I'd do it

i wouldn't waste time or $ attending ... spruikers usually use these events as a teaser for the $5k bootcamp held afterwards where the REAL secrets will be revealed (only available to a select few who may be stupid enough to pay) .

they can probably find you a property or build one and also arrange finance plus property management services :rolleyes:

ps: thanks for the heads up, i was wondering why Rolf Schaefer doesn't post here anymore

rolfquote-v2.png

Hi Shuggy

I defence of RS, If you were to check Rolf S last post date you will see it was a fair while before he joined forces with MY.

It often pays to check on matters of detail before making a comment

ta

rolf

I am sorry if my first post seems to be like selling something but it's not what i intended to. My purpose is just to ask opinion to people who has attended this seminar and if they got much information out of it. Thanks.

Hey eastpack101,

I hope you don't get deterred by some of the comments on this thread. You have to remember that this is an open forum and people are free to express their opinions.

I personally attended these sessions and found them really good for basic information for somebody new trying to understand property investing. I find some of the insights are good as well.

In my case, that's where it stops. I don't necessarily agree with the strategies as it doesn't fit my plans. The underlying principle though is good information.

Hope this helps.

Hi Shuggy

I defence of RS, If you were to check Rolf S last post date you will see it was a fair while before he joined forces with MY.

It often pays to check on matters of detail before making a comment

ta

rolf

Hi Rolf, be assured it wasn't a dig, just kinda thinking aloud.

I missed the anouncement that RS had joined forces with yardney so not sure the date it happened; but if i'd known i should've checked it against the date of his last post before commenting .. hmm :confused: .. aah ok.

but i did as you suggested and checked rolf's last thread from 14/12/08 which looks a bit like a promo to download a podcast from yardney The 2009 property market - by Michael Yardney

.. and this was one of his last posts from 03/09/08 so i reckon they've been forces for perhaps 2-3yrs, but don't take my word on that :)

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=452066&postcount=5
Many of my clients have become successful property developers with the help of Michael Yardney and his great team at Metropole Projects.

http://www.metropoleprojects.com.au/

I've still got the email here; RJA Financial Services announced the change of branding to Metropole Finance in August 2009.

RS was always a good operator. One can only presume that any recommendations or comments offered much before that time were done purely in good faith.

Seminars are a business, people that have shifted their mindset and consciousness to be current with the information age can see the entrepreneurial integration and can benefit from that in addition to the information. sorry shuggy, but in our current commercial and capitalist society, businesses exist to make money. Most of us think it's fantastic and create opportunities out of the learning. the others can choose to not be part of it. - OK too.

I have also worked with Rolf Schaefer, he did all the original mortgages on our properties. He was one of the best brokers I ever worked with, on the ball and unscrambled our multi-trust and multi company situation. He even did a wall chart that showed what property belonged in what trust and how they interlinked. Made it easy for us as I get lost in all that detail.

We were informed that he was going to work with Metropole by email. I'm not really seeing what that has to do with SS :confused::confused::confused:

I have been to many of Michael's seminars, they formed the beginning of where I am now and absolutely recommend them. Continuing gratitude to Michael and Pamela for his initial support, informal mentoring and being positive on my property management business to Adelaide audiences. He didn't have to but he mentioned me and my businesses at some of his seminars in a positive way and to me that just shows that he is in tune with local businesses.

Its not an expensive event so if I was in your position and had the ability to attend I'd do it

Thanks Bill.

i wouldn't waste time or $ attending ... spruikers usually use these events as a teaser for the $5k bootcamp held afterwards where the REAL secrets will be revealed (only available to a select few who may be stupid enough to pay) .

That is why I want to ask if they do hard selling at the end. I attended too many (free) seminars where at the end they said I need to pay this much to get started.

Hey eastpack101,

I hope you don't get deterred by some of the comments on this thread. You have to remember that this is an open forum and people are free to express their opinions.

I personally attended these sessions and found them really good for basic information for somebody new trying to understand property investing. I find some of the insights are good as well.

In my case, that's where it stops. I don't necessarily agree with the strategies as it doesn't fit my plans. The underlying principle though is good information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, don't worry I am here to stay for loonnng time :), too much information too loose if I leave now. :cool:

I have been to many of Michael's seminars, they formed the beginning of where I am now and absolutely recommend them.

I have been to Michael's three day seminars (twice) and gained a great deal of value from them.

I don't know how this one day seminar relates to the longer one.

Knowing Michael and the information he gives, I am sure you will gain great value.

It's quite possible you will be presented with an opportunity to go to his longer seminar (if they are still being presented). I don't believe there will be any hard sell to do so though.

A part of Michael's business model is to co develop. His company provides project management to develop for you, and you provide the finance. You have expertise behind you, but you pay for it.

They also do property management, buyers agents and finance. So you will probably be presented with these.

However, at the end of the day, it's a win win.

For $99 for two people you can get a great deal of good knowledge. If you choose to do more with his company, he has some benefit. But either way, you will have learnt.

The selling was not hard when I did the courses.

It's strange but I really enjoy reading those seminar/book/whatever ads that roll on page after page, calling you in to go to/buy a seminar or book and how they manage to say so much but so little. you know the ones:

You will learn how to;
- take advantage of special tricks that only the rich elite know
- save 000's by ticking a box that the average person didn't even see on their mortgage form
- seduce any woman you want.. and not so much as pay for a drink

it really is an art form. surely these people don't write it themselves? What are the writes called? Waffle Advertisers??

Knowing Michael and the information he gives, I am sure you will gain great value.
Ditto. The seminar is very valuable in itself, especially if you don't have a lot of years experience in the market. I think it's definitely worth the $ but I am pro-seminar, as a rule. :) Yes, it is also a way for people to see how much MY knows about the market (i would say 'a lot') so they can sign up for more advanced offerings should they wish. I don't know why people get so worried about this. If you don't want to buy anything else, then don't. And perhaps it's ultimately not in your best interests to 'not buy' seminars because you don't like 'being sold to.' :)

BTW, IMO RS is no less of a broker now because he is under the Metropole brand. I have dealt with him for about 7 years.

Hi eastpack101,
if you send me an e-mail (not anonymous) I will organise two free tickets for you to attend the Perth seminar.

Please come and look me up in the breaks so we can have a chat.

But I have to disappoint you - there is no hard sell at the end.

Regards

Rolf Schaefer ([email protected])

Just to prove I am not anti-seminar or anti-spruiker:
I went to this some weeks ago and it was the quickest 8 hours of my life. Michael is engaging on stage and the time flew past. And you're not bad either, Rolf. This is unlike so many speakers where I often feel like walking out.
The main part I enjoy about Michael is his focus on mindset. As a somewhat well-travelled PI, I know this is the most important part of it. I don't agree with him on location; on that I would like to side with Jan Somers.
I hope you get as much out of this as I did.
I wanted much more out of the Ed Chan component but it appeared he was just dangling a big teaser and selling a consultation. I wanted him or his counterpart to show some real world examples.

Disclaimer: I am a Metropole client.

Hi all,

This is my first post, please be nice :). I am new to this world of investing in property but really keen to get start. I came to a few free property seminars but I really need information that are not attached to a particular organisation (not hard selling).

I know this seminar is coming to Perth and it looks like the one that I need.
http://propertyupdate.com.au/2011-events/the-outlook-for-Australian-property-investors/

I am not attached to this organisation but I was wondering if anyone has come to this kind of seminar, is it good? Will I get much good information for starting to invest in property?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Tim

I went to the Sydney version of this seminar, paid my $99 and took a friend along as well for free. Prior to this I had read numerous book on property investing and on the web. I went determined not to write down anything that I already knew. I came home having taken 14 foolscap pages of handwritten notes! I also went determined not to buy anything or sign up to anything on the day-(generally a wise preconceived plan.) After returning home I wished I had bought several of the books on offer (especially as for , say $150 you could have a mini library of very good up to date information at a fraction of the cost of a course).

They did push both the mentor program and the wealth retreat, but if you go with a view to learn as I did then you will come away very satisfied. Definitely the best $99 I've spent on my education in a while.

So my 2 bobs worth is go, take a blank pad and plan to take notes and learn. You will already know a lot a stuff, you will have never heard of some other stuff. I'd also suggest go planning not to sign up to anything-you can do that later when you calm down and think about it later.

(PS they also gave away quite a lot of DVDs, latest edition of API, mountains of chocolates and bottled water)

Back