Separating allotments combined under one title?

Not sure if this is the right forum, and the searches I've done talk of the subdivision process...

We have a what we call "a block of land" that consists of several separate titles. These are all singular surveyed allotments - except for one. This title is described as being "allotments 171, 172 and 173..." and goes on to name the plan, the area, and the hundred (being in SA). One of the allotments has a creek running through it which limits its use in its own right.

Nonetheless, it has been suggested to me that as these allotments are already separately surveyed and identified that they can each be issued their own title and that this process is merely an administrative one...in a sense, a sub-division without all the issues with development approval and so forth. And the expense.

Surely it can't be that easy. I have searched throught the SA Land Services Group website with little success and I am composing an email to basically ask the same thing of them, albeit in hopefully a more officious-sounding manner. But any additional educated opinion is always welcome!

I havent done it yet so this is theory only - I also own a house on 2 allotments 1 title in SA. I spent a lot of time with the planning sa mob on the phone whilst considering the ip.

They have told me that for about $120 per title they can separate them, no subdivision necesary. Apparently there is a form to fill out, and the fee (as mentioned) but according to the boffins I spoke to seems pretty straight fwd. If I do separate I would still need to put all services in a da was lodge to build on the vacant lot. Putting in services is the bulk of the subdivision cost anyway, so if planning to build then its still gonna cost something. (thankfully the house does not straddle the boundary so should work)

I bought as the property made sense numbers wise even if the spit cant happen, so if it does it will be cream. Give them a ring, ask.

we looked at a block with several "allotments" on the one title and yes, apparently it is that easy (well in SA anyway).

i think all you need to do is pay $50 to the LTO and you'll get your own new title for that particular allotment! So if you've got 3 allotments and you want all 3 to have its own title then it'll cost you $150(ish!).......beats paying $21K thats for sure!!!!

yes but as I said just remember if you still need to put services onto the site they can cost the majority of the subdivision cost. so you are saving the time and hassle of the sub part, as well as surveying costs and council fees, but still need to pay for power sewer water etc.

Individually they are worth more than combined. Money for jam if it is just a few forms to split 'em.

This 'block of land' ticked a lot of boxes to start with - the cream on top was probably realised a while back. This would maybe be the cherry on top?

Thanks for the input.

i bought a house sitting over 2 green titles. i never intended to doze the house but the point is that even tho there were 2 titles there was only one sewer connection. my plan was always to amalgamte and create 2 lots at the rear tho (which i am doing)

Back