short or square volume builders

We have a battle axe and wouldn't mind putting a project/volume build as its a cheaper area. However most appear built for rectangle and while they go from wide to narrow none seem to go to square.

Block is 16.8m wide and there is 21m from the back of the house to the fence, it would be great have something that works with 13m deep by 12m wide.

Any suggestions?

we are in the process of doing a custom build but if we can knock 15+% off putting a standard design down then that is a big margin improvement. It is an average area finished value will be ~450.

next odd thing, is i got my first email back from a large volume builder, and well the prices are 240k to 270k for a single story unit and 270 to 370k for a double story.

I was expecting the volume builders to be cheaper? Our smaller vendor is doing 3 bed, 1 bath, 2 story places (small ones) for well under $250k full turnkey including drives, curtains, clothes lines, etc... i will do a bit more work with the volume builder perhaps they are including all the town planning and council BS fees.

I had the same problem with my subdiv, by the time i allowed set backs etc i was left with a 12x12m building area and there is just no designs for a square block. I ended up just designing my own layout and taking it to a volume builder. They in turn got a few of their floor plans with the same sqm and worked inclusion and pricing from there.

It was my first time doing a floor plan so now that its up theres probably a couple things id change but overall it's good.

We are building the Trentham 30 with Metricon. We took the sitting room out and pushed the garage back and it fits quite nicely now.

Block is 18x22 FWIW.

Back