Should I make a claim with allianz?

Hi all

We evicted a tenant in Melbourne who owed a month rent and some damages like multiple holessss on wall, 2 doors and One window glass needed to be replaced.

For some weird coincidence I realized my policy with Allianz was no longer valid but I managed to get it reinstated after 2 weeks, during which I asked my retired uncle to fix all these costing around 300 in materia. I didn't wait for Allianz as they won't guarantee me whether they would agree to reinstate the policy let alone accepting claim.

I am definitly ok to claim the bond back through VCAT for the rent of March. However I am just wondering what do u guys think about the chance to get Allianz to pay for the materials in this case?

Plz let me know if u need any clarification.:eek:

Thx for all the time u spenti in reading this

If I am understanding you correctly, the insurance had lapsed, so that is not a legal option.

Take the bond from the tenant. They are the ones who did the damage.That would always be my first choice anyways. Hit them where it hurts.

If I am understanding you correctly, the insurance had lapsed, so that is not a legal option.

Take the bond from the tenant. They are the ones who did the damage.That would always be my first choice anyways. Hit them where it hurts.

From reading the post, there is no bond left after it all goes for unpaid rent for the month of March (?)

From reading the post, there is no bond left after it all goes for unpaid rent for the month of March (?)

Yes, you are correct. :)
Still would go after the tenants..but that's me.
I'd also be asking for labor charges, that the uncle is entitled to.

Back