Should I use a local property manager for my new IP?

I have recently purchased an IP in the inner north of Melbourne.

Question:
Do I use the same property manager I use for another IP in the inner east or should I source a new property manager from the inner north IP?

My Property Manager based in the inner east has done a good job to date in securing me strong rentals and has offered to reduce the PM fees if I give her a second property.

On the flip side, I suspect a local property manager from the inner north area might know the area better and thus be in a better position to advise me on changes in rentals and also better manage the property and tenants.

Any guidance appreciated.

Our business focuses on Data to know what the market is doing in any part of Melbourne.. If you have a good relationship with your Eastern manager, i would use them for the next property. Most agencies know what is going on or can atleast find out what is going on.

Would probably be better for local in terms of increased advertising exposure (for those who don't really check the internet anyway, and like to look in windows and meet local REA).

probably better for local tradies and understanding any pertinent local laws?

Inner East, inner North.....surely a REA can cover that whole amount of ground....:confused:

Go with the devil you know...or go without them altogether if you feel inclined...;)

Back