Shower head tax question.

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could clarify if when changing a working shower head to a water saving one, how would it be claimed on tax?

Thanks for any help.:)

Just wondering if someone could clarify if when changing a working shower head to a water saving one, how would it be claimed on tax? Thanks for any help.:)

If the new water saving one was replacing an older broken one - then it would be a repair and therefore an immediate write off. :)

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could clarify if when changing a working shower head to a water saving one, how would it be claimed on tax?

Thanks for any help.:)

If the old one is working, and the new one is better (i.e., water saving) then it's an improvement not a repair. :(

Add the cost of the shower head, plus installation cost if it's itemised and can be identified, onto your capital base and depreciate it at 2.5% per year.

Thanks Terry, I'll have a read.

My query was in regard to this document.

Attachments

• 002_ATA%20Guide%20to%20reducing%20your%20energy%20use%20and%20saving%20money.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
That document seems to be aimed at tenants energy savings, but the information on low vantage lights is interesting. (I've never liked those things: people seems to have confused low-volate with low-power, which they are not they are quite inefficient.)

However the compact fluoro and LED lights last a very long time which will reduce maintenance and so will have a good roi for the landlord -- and will save energy for the tenant even if they don't realise it.

A lot of surveys have shown that tenants aren't prepared to pay more for low energy strategies.

Back