shower leak options perth

Soooo in my iP theres some bubbling on the wall next to bathroom where the shower is.
Got a plumber mate to have a look who said some of tge tiling sounds hollow and there's holes in the grout.

We already have a tenant lined up in a week and a bit

Its an old 1970s house so dont want to spend too much on it. Probably doesnt have waterproofing layer

Done some forum searching and people seem to say regrouting ($450) is temporary measure, need to retile (1400). Was planning on doing this but come across a guy who used to work for megaseal who can megaseal for 650 with a lifetime guarantee.

Not sure which way to go... thoughts / recommendations in perth??

Try the Brad, The Grout Guy, I've used him many times during property management, IP's and my own PPOR. Most issues can be sorted with the grout replaced on the floor tiles and maybe to the first row of wall tiles.

We used megaseal. Shower leaked again in a couple of years. We were advised we had only paid for the walls and not the floor so wasn't covered under their warranty. Perhaps check they do the whole shower if you use them.

we used sure seal or possibly mega seal, they had to re do it to I.P. (after we had repainted) , they said it was the taps /pipes leaking. We had a plumber presure test the pipes/taps- no problem.
After my PM chased them to re do it it all seems okay and the wall has dried out so we will have to pay more $ to get it repainted....
problems of living in a different state to your IP's

Thanks guys, would like to go with megasealed if they've been good in the past, much cheaper.

Will megasealed work if the tiles sound hollow?? Does that mean they might be coming off? Hrmm

Thanks guys, would like to go with megasealed if they've been good in the past, much cheaper.

Will megasealed work if the tiles sound hollow?? Does that mean they might be coming off? Hrmm

I suggest any tile drumming (lose tiles) be fixed. They should do that for you.

Back