Leaky shower - options; re-seal versus re-tile

$1250 to have the shower retiled. :eek:

Get thee to Bunnings. They can teach you the basics of tiling in an hour or two.
Beumont Tiles also have a whole DIY section online where you can get some great info on doing it yourself.

I never realised how much I was saving by doing it myself. *faints*

Maybe I should change professions. :D

$1250 to have the shower retiled. :eek:

Get thee to Bunnings. They can teach you the basics of tiling in an hour or two.
Beumont Tiles also have a whole DIY section online where you can get some great info on doing it yourself.

I never realised how much I was saving by doing it myself. *faints*

Maybe I should change professions. :D

Cornflower, .... removal of tiles and the old waterproof membrane in a shower recess can be a messy and time consuming job. The correct application of several coats of the waterproofing materials takes time as well. Add on the time for re-tiling and grouting and you'd be amazed how the hours add up.

I've done this work on a reno as part of a makeover on one of our properties, .... I didn't surprise me to see the quoted cost even though the post you quoted was from August 2009.

You mentioned learning the basics of tiling at Bunnings, ... that's fine, but the quote was for much more than just re-tiling.

Mystery

Personally I'd go for a new solid shower base. Neve have to worry about it ever again!
Maybe try Service Central, I've had a lot of success with them. Just be as accurate as you can with the description of work required.

Back