Sig Meeting Tuesday February 13th 2007 - Phillip Anderson - post your replies here.

:( I can't come! :( :( :( Just been told we have extra training up until our main comp in November. Every Tuesday! So I guess I can't come for the rest of the year.:(

I had me down for 2 tickets but will have to downgrade that to 1 ticket please.

I am now going motorbike riding for 4 days in the Snowy Mountains - woohoo... but my friend Alf who I normally bring to meetings still wants to attend.

See you all there next time.

Sorry forumites... spoken for on that night.... all the best.:)
Catchya later in oh-seven... now, if that handsome man I spotted on that one occassion was a repeat attendee.... phantom forumite. Would the ship builder please step forward?

hi all
I was not sure
when I booked my seat what this presention was about
but I got a very interesting supprise
to his credit philip did say that he was not easy with presenting
well for me if that not an easy presentation not sure what is.
I did enjoy the evening and it did give an insight into a very different way of looking at markets and looking at it from a very different angle
I enjoyed philips explanation the later day depenture notes and the early american bank notes
I did understand it
but it was expalin very well and I think those that did attend got an insight from philip into his type of data and charting
which as a rule you would not normally get.
I do think that two things never change
1. human behaviour
2. history
and it was very well explain why markets change as they do
I would like to thank the people that organised philip,
I was thinking it was going to be a doom and gloom, bust and burn but what I got was very well organise information and answers to match
and you cant ask for more then that
so well done.
I like information that is not trying to sell you some thing
and if you want info( which I may end up joining just not now) then email the person I thought was good.
I enjoyed very much the meeting and if you could pass it on would be great.
My .002

yeah I justed wanted to say thanks as well for lasts nights presentation, really very interesting stuff, well presented and thought provoking.

great evening thanks to the organisers and everyone involved.

Thanks Gross,

For that summary, as I was looking forward to attending is there a chance of more extensive notes from other people who attended?

Cheers

Thanks Phil for your contribution last night.
I was so impressed by your passion with the subject matter you presented.
I appreciated your view. May all your work and effort reward you in the future.
Simon

I have to say I was fascinated by the material that Phil presented.
His material was more towards the US market - and his reasoning of "18 year property cycles" in the USA was interesting and factual. Some of it related to Aus - although the 2010 bust referred more to the US market than here - as the commodity boom will hold Australia in fairly good stead (he says we will get a small downturn - however the commodities boom will help make it less than what the US and other counties that have a lack of commodities will get). Funny when he said WA will want to anex itself from the rest of the country in the future as a result of their lowering unemployment and resource rich economy !!!

Simon and Julie I hope your daughter wasn't too bored by it all !! Good on her for attending. :)

Nice to see another Karina there last night as well (two of them !!).

Also thanks to Chris Horsfall who helped get Phil for me to come as guest to this meeting - and to get up there and introduce Phil. Nice little touch with the gift (now you guys know where the gold coin donation goes). I think it is a great idea to give a little gift to each presenter - good thinking there Chris !!

Nice to mingle afterwards with other forumites too.

Next meeting will be posted soon, and its a special one off .
News to come soon !!! :D :D

I would like to thank everyone who attended.

Last night was the first time i have attended one of these and everyone was very frendly and willing to give a bit of an insight into how they have run their investments.

The material that Philip presented was great, really opened up my thinking as to how the boom bust cycles as well as interest rate cycles work.

It was also a nice touch for him to show his Skyscraper graph of New York showing how major high rises always seem to open mearly a year or so before a major downturn.

Back