Single or Double storey preference

I am planning to subdivide the land in NUNAWADING (22km from CBD), VIC into three lots then sell them. Each lot of land is about 350m2. What types of builidng the buyers more prefer buying? single storey or double storey. Do you have any ideas about this?

It is worth justifying the extra cost for double storey if you can

a) attain good views that won't get built out
b) fit more units on (without overcrowding)
c) have to work with a sloping site and cut down the footprint to avoid huge retaining walls

Single storey will always be cheaper to construct but you need more space to fit them into the site parameters.

Are you going to build as well as subdivide? :)

In addition to Rockstar's info above,

I had a quick lok at rea.com.au to see what's available and selling and not many town houses for sale there anyway.

Double storey will also allow more open space for a small garden, courtyard and outdoor entertaining space.

Take a drive around and see what type of developments are in the neighbourhood. Also consider the demographiocs of the area/suburb. If they are mainly elderly retiree's then they may not wish to go up and down stairs.

Have you considered doing the development yourself?

Have you gotten reasonable indication from a town planner or council that you can do the subdivision and achieve three sites?

Is it a corner? Will they all have street frontage or be in tandem down the length of the block?

Perhaps seek info from a local town planner and guage what they feel the market wants there?

Sorry for all the questions, however the answers may help you attain more info to make your decision.

I would check out your buyer base first before deciding anything. If it is predominately older people or young families I would stay away from double story you are cutting your market.
If your market is singles or DINKS I would go for the benefits of a double story.

Back