Skin Care/Beauty/Health Products

I am curious does anyone spend money on vitamins??? I think its all BS and just smart marketing by the pharmaceutical, most reports I have read pretty much some it up as a waste of money.

It's a waste of money if you are not low on any particular vitamins and take them for the sake of it. They definitely work if you have a deficiency though. I was really low in iron at one stage and would get dizzy spells and severe weakness/fatigue. The supplements certainly helped :)

Why take vitamins when you can eat most of them in regular meals anyway?

Healthy balanced diet and a bit of sunshine is all you need.

There is nothing wrong with getting sun on your body, just dont get burnt.

The sun is not there just for lighting purposes.

I love the sun and get my more than fair share of it, but do cover up after some exposure with clothing, not sunscreen.

The Sun....no exist without it.;)

I have just started up a cosmetics company and the mark up and the amount women spend is unbelievable. We only do make up at this stage.

What amazes me is that some of the well know brands will retail things like say a lip gloss for $39 and when you find out the ingredients and the packaging they have gone el cheapo on them both and had it produced for around $1.5 when they could have gone much better quality for $3, still a great profit margin at $3 and you would give customers a much better experience and product

2Q==

This soap works well..

I have just started up a cosmetics company and the mark up and the amount women spend is unbelievable. We only do make up at this stage.

What amazes me is that some of the well know brands will retail things like say a lip gloss for $39 and when you find out the ingredients and the packaging they have gone el cheapo on them both and had it produced for around $1.5 when they could have gone much better quality for $3, still a great profit margin at $3 and you would give customers a much better experience and product

BT
I guess with on line buying there are huge savings to be made if you can be bothered. I am lazy and just buy as I need, but my daughters spend many hours sourcing all sorts of beauty products and great discounts, unfortunately they use my credit card:(

BT
I guess with on line buying there are huge savings to be made if you can be bothered. I am lazy and just buy as I need, but my daughters spend many hours sourcing all sorts of beauty products and great discounts, unfortunately they use my credit card:(

Yes a StawberryNet package turns up most weeks at my office with products the girls have ordered, they seem one of the cheapest online suppliers ( I will be banning it shortly!)

Another thing I found interesting is the mark up between wholesale and retail is much lower than what I have seen in other industries. A lot of products are say Wholesale $40 and RRP is $49.99, cost price for supplier probably $2-3.

I saw a sales woman for a hair product that goes into a woman's hair after the foils and she was offering to supply to the salon for $219 for 6 bottles. RRP $40!! What business would get their clients to spend $40 and make $3.5 themselves?

I use Jurlique products, a cleanser and face moisturiser. The cleanser is $45 and the moisturiser is $80. They both last me a full year. I have played around with the cheaper stuff but I was experiencing very dry and itchy skin as a result. I will happily pay the price for these products as they are natural and work very well for my skin. Besides QV as a body moisturiser, I don't use any other skin care products.

I rarely wear make up, only for weddings, special events etc.

I don't purchase any health products on a regular basis, only when needed. E.G if I have low iron etc.

Hubby and I both use Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner.

I don't really like using too many products so I try to keep it as simple (and natural) as possible.

Anyone got any home remedies ??

Home remedies 101; grow some aloe vera, and slap its juice on skin, it's apparently got some healing/smoothing remedies and good for water retention.
Suggest to apply this at night only before bed, otherwise ur face will be glowing when facing the real world

Home remedies 101; grow some aloe vera, and slap its juice on skin, it's apparently got some healing/smoothing remedies and good for water retention.
Suggest to apply this at night only before bed, otherwise ur face will be glowing when facing the real world

Thanks for the tip.

I am curious does anyone spend money on vitamins??? I think its all BS and just smart marketing by the pharmaceutical, most reports I have read pretty much some it up as a waste of money.

I would not waste my money on common vitamins, as most of them would create free radicals within your body, which can actually do more harm to you than good.
Unless otherwise there is a specific active ingredient within these drugs that can relieve a certain symptoms.
Dietary food compounds, such as the phytochemicals in plants, are believed to have greater antioxidant effects than either vitamins or minerals.

If you really insist on taking supplements, I would say speak to a herbalist or a traditional chinese medicine practitioner, the end result should be far more satisfying

I tried to do a full program for Janesce last year. It included their face products, monthly facial, strict diet and vitamin supplements A, C, Zinc. I didn't notice a huge difference with vitamin supplements at this age but I used the same combinatiOn when I was a teen and noticed a huge difference back then to have a clear complexion. I had a lot of stress in my life at the time - maybe that was also why I didn't notice a huge difference. I found it way too hard to do the strict diet although I have continued with some of the better eating habits. They have some recipes here I've been meaning to try. http://www.janesce.com.au/healthy-options-get-up.html
My sis that's 3 years older than me moved here for a while. All my friends thought she was my younger sister. She was using some supplement/tablet you could buy at chemists for about $40/month. She claimed it worked.

If you really insist on taking supplements, I would say speak to a herbalist or a traditional chinese medicine practitioner, the end result should be far more satisfying

You're not being serious? You would put your health in the hands of a "herbalist"? :eek:

Vitamin deficiency can potentially be quite serious. Iron deficiency, for example, has been linked to heart problems along with many other serious symptoms. Supplements can be very beneficial if taken under the guidance and recommendation of a qualified doctor.

You're not being serious? You would put your health in the hands of a "herbalist"? :eek:

Vitamin deficiency can potentially be quite serious. Iron deficiency, for example, has been linked to heart problems along with many other serious symptoms. Supplements can be very beneficial if taken under the guidance and recommendation of a qualified doctor.

I am fairly certain that OP was referring to "supplements" as been an add on, rather been deficient on a specific matter. of course you would visit a doctor if you lacking on something.

Recipe for good skin:

1. Have good genes.
2. Stay out of the sun.
3. Stay out of the sun.
4. Stay out of the sun.

Sorbelene + 10% glycerol is a great moisturiser and cheap, You can get it made up at a compounding chemist - even cheaper.

On my face I use Olay with suncreen in it plus a makeup with 30 plus. Been doing that the past 20 yrs. Can't make up for damage done before that though. Tried botox once just to see what the hype is but no one noticed so figured it wasn't worth it!!

Got a sample tube of cream off my dermatologist with retinoids in it which is supposed to be good for sun damage and fine lines. Haven't been game to use yet as it can cause redness and inflammation.

Back