Small Kitchen Reno - Melbourne inner east

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help. I'm looking for an honest and reliable kitchen renovator (or even a good handyman perhaps) for a small job - a kitchen in a small apartment in Melbourne's inner east. I really just want to replace the cabinets, stove and taps I think (but open to ideas).
Does anyone know a person or company you could recommend please?
Cheers,
Pos

Hi, if you're looking for a cheap and fairly easy way I get most of my kitchens on Gumtree or eBay you should get a complete one for around 1,000 probably with stone bench tops possible appliances. Sometimes pick them up for about 500 that are only a few years old. Thats my proven way where I add my value doing my renos. You can add 10 to 20 k pretty quick easy.

Yes that's what we did

It's a good idea but the problem is that it won't always fit very well into your house and you may end up chopping parts which can cost more money than its worth if paying someone

For a small apartment the most economical way would be a flat pack made to fit
Or you could just get a bunnings job but it won't have much 'wow' factor

Thanks KQ8 and Strongy. I like both of these ideas. I actually got my own PPR kitchen second hand (near new 2-pac etc!) from the advertising board in my workplace at the time and people are still telling my how nice my "new kitchen" is about 7 years down the track. :)

The only problem I have is that I need someone to remove the old and put in the new kitchen for me - I am renovationally-challenged and would have trouble screwing a screw in straight. :rolleyes:

Any ideas on anyone handy you use when you need an extra pair of hands?
Cheers,
Pos

Thanks KQ8 and Strongy. I like both of these ideas. I actually got my own PPR kitchen second hand (near new 2-pac etc!) from the advertising board in my workplace at the time and people are still telling my how nice my "new kitchen" is about 7 years down the track. :)

The only problem I have is that I need someone to remove the old and put in the new kitchen for me - I am renovationally-challenged and would have trouble screwing a screw in straight. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Pos

http://www.hireahubby.com.au/

LOL.. I never used them, but hey

Cheers,
Pos

Where is your place?

You can find handymen on Gumtree and the local paper. Try and get three quotes if you can. If you just replace the kitchen cupboard doors it will be cheaper with less labour cost. A good handyman should be able to do this plus the stove and taps. Good luck!

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help. I'm looking for an honest and reliable kitchen renovator (or even a good handyman perhaps)

Hodge from the forum does kitchens in Melbourne - he knows his stuff. Provided some great advice on a kitchen I was having built in Canberra.

I'm not sure if he takes on smaller jobs - you could always PM him and ask.

Cheers

Jamie

Back