So much for global warming

So really it's all good !

In some ways it is and in others it's not.

The whole global warming con has started an entire industry of people who rely on it to keep going to keep their jobs or even to have any relevance with their professions. We can even observe this with numerous posters/members on this site.

An example is the climatologist. If they come out and say that the weather changes in cycles determined by long term uncontrollable systems like oceans and sunspots and whatever and there is nothing anyone can do about it, then their own jobs are less relevant. But if they say that there is a reason for whats happening, that it's going to get dryer and hotter, and climatologists know how to fix it, then they are promoting their own worth and relevance to society.

So we were all told our climate was getting dryer. I was told my rainfall would reduce by 40%. :eek:
Yet I can look at long term weather records and wonder how anyone can possible determine that when rainfall has definately not been reducing. All that's happened has been the usual cycle of wetter and the dryer. Droughts and floods, but no long term change.

The CSIRO and other government departments told me that my rainfall was falling, that it was going to drop by a huge amount, and that this was permanent! It was all a complete and utter load of garbage, and a simple farmer like me with rainfall records going back 70 years can plainly see it was not reducing. The only thing that happened was just a normal weather cycle.

A simple farmer like me can also see the simple cycles. The last half of the 19th century was wet. The first half of the 20th century was dry. The second half was wet. There was wet periods in between like the wet 50's, 70's and 90's. The 40's and 60's were dry. My farm and district recorded exactly average rainfall for the period of 2000 to 2010.

There might have been billions saved from not building desalination plants. More dams might have been built, because lets face it, a big reason besides the greens for less dams was also the conjob that rainfall was reducing, so dams might never ever fill up.

See ya's.

*Note: I haven't read the article, or this thread*

Prop, I could be wrong here - but whilst it's called 'global warming' doesn't the phenomena refer to extreme changes in weather worldwide, not just the headline 'warming' ie. places usually cold are getting warmer, warm places are getting cooler, dry places are getting wetter, wet places are experiencing declining rain fall etc?

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, it's just that I hear this so often on every cold day or news report of blizzards in Europe - "so much for global warming."

, I could be wrong here - but whilst it's called 'global warming' doesn't the phenomena refer to extreme changes in weather worldwide, not just the headline 'warming' ie. places usually cold are getting warmer, warm places are getting cooler, dry places are getting wetter, wet places are experiencing declining rain fall etc?

."

I'd reckon 'global warming' was a bad idea when people could see all the cooling happening. So it's now called 'climate change'. And what a great idea by the believers!

So now, if it's hot, it's caused by humans.
and if it's freezing it's also caused by humans.
If there is a drought it's caused by humans. Nothing whatsoever to do with El-nino.
If frosts wipe out the harvest it's caused by humans.
If people are starving in Africa it's drought caused by humans, nothing whatsoever to do with overcopulation.
If it's flooding, it's caused by humans. Nothing whatsoever to do with SOI/La-nina or a negative Indian Ocean Dipole.
If this current 10,000 year long interglacial period ends and the world goes back to it's normal state of iceage, it was obviously caused by humans.

It's been a great idea to keep the whole scam going. Keep lots in jobs. Get more jobs going. More ways for investment bankers and governments to think up new ways to trade carbon. More ways to get money out of the real economy and real people who produce wealth.

See ya's.

Last edited:
If you think like that you're totally uninformed and part of the problem.
If it really was "all good" I wouldn't give a hoot. The trouble is, it's not good and worse "it" is making the situation worse.

Take our Vic desalinator. A "knee-jerk" decision based on the climate change delusion that "the drought will last for ever". Will cost Victorians $570 million EVERY year for the next 30 years. It won't be used for at least five years, and possibly not at all for it's whole life. But it will take money that could have been spent on hospitals, schools etc etc. Have you seen your electricity bill lately ? Wait for your new water bills.
LL

Good point LL , that desal is bloody ridiculous and yep of course I've seen and heard about plenty of bills - covered before , just more Aus money grab snow jobs . Ok so it's not all good , they have no f'n idea on how to work with the planet instead of a against it but , we are at least making a start in many areas.
Cheers

In some ways it is and in others it's not.

The whole global warming con has started an entire industry of people who rely on it to keep going to keep their jobs or even to have any relevance with their professions. We can even observe this with numerous posters/members on this site.

An example is the climatologist. If they come out and say that the weather changes in cycles determined by long term uncontrollable systems like oceans and sunspots and whatever and there is nothing anyone can do about it, then their own jobs are less relevant. But if they say that there is a reason for whats happening, that it's going to get dryer and hotter, and climatologists know how to fix it, then they are promoting their own worth and relevance to society.

So we were all told our climate was getting dryer. I was told my rainfall would reduce by 40%. :eek:
Yet I can look at long term weather records and wonder how anyone can possible determine that when rainfall has definately not been reducing. All that's happened has been the usual cycle of wetter and the dryer. Droughts and floods, but no long term change.

The CSIRO and other government departments told me that my rainfall was falling, that it was going to drop by a huge amount, and that this was permanent! It was all a complete and utter load of garbage, and a simple farmer like me with rainfall records going back 70 years can plainly see it was not reducing. The only thing that happened was just a normal weather cycle.

A simple farmer like me can also see the simple cycles. The last half of the 19th century was wet. The first half of the 20th century was dry. The second half was wet. There was wet periods in between like the wet 50's, 70's and 90's. The 40's and 60's were dry. My farm and district recorded exactly average rainfall for the period of 2000 to 2010.

There might have been billions saved from not building desalination plants. More dams might have been built, because lets face it, a big reason besides the greens for less dams was also the conjob that rainfall was reducing, so dams might never ever fill up.

See ya's.

Good points TC.

Cheers

Back