Solar panels in Melbourne (north)

Hi all

We're looking to get a 3 or 3.5kw system installed I Melbourne (Essendon). As this is for our primary residence were looking for a top quality installation and components.

Are there any red one recommendations for an installer in the Essendon area? I always find with tradesmen etc, word of mouth is very important.

Thanks all
LC.

Glen Clark is in in Bayswater.

+1 for the endorsements he (Leccie) gets on WP
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/user/344623.

As for equipment you can't go wrong with an SMA inverter and from there just get the best panels your budget can afford after that which includes the good quality (tier) ones from China. I found as a guide that shouldn't pay over $2/watt ($6000 for 3KW) and be careful of any offers less than $1.50/watt, especially if your going a SMA, as they will cut corners somewhere and it will usually start with quality of the panels.

If Glen can't help I suggest you research WP for other recommended installers as well as any feedback you get here but make sure you look for smaller electrician installers rather than the larger sales companies as the quality of service post install (e.g. question & warranty etc) can sometimes mean more than the price you pay up front.

Back