Somersoft TV advertisement

Hi, if you didn't know - there is a tool on the ABC Gruen Transfer show's website where you can create custom ads. I thought I'd share with you one I made:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/gruentransfer/gallery.htm?cfid=8630

Have fun everyone.... I'm disappearing off into the real world as I'm kind of tired of posting and it's eating up time. It'll be fun to see what happens, the equity fairy comes through with the capital gains or the doom and gloom of a global house price crash..... Bye.

That's a pity Goon. When you admitted a little while ago that you wanted to buy a property and even said you would consider buying an IP one day, we thought you were coming round to the dark side.
Good to see you're going to venture out into the real world. If you take a break from here, I reckon you should take a break from the D&G forum, too. I imagine it's pretty negative and probably makes people who frequent only it a bit morose.
You've made some good points in the past. And often you've backed them up, which is great.
Rest assured there would be loads of people lying in bed at night worried about how much they have bitten off and whether it's going to choke them.
But on the flipside, there would be lots of people out there lying in bed at night and saying to themselves (or their partners): 'I wish we'd bitten off something. Anything.'
Many of us here are in the middle of these two extremes.
When you venture out in the world, I hope you won't go telling everyone you meet that property is about to collapse - nobody will want to talk to you if you do. I imagine what it's like when you go round to your parents place for dinner:

HG: 'Hey dad, did I tell you your house will be worth 40% less by Christmas?'
HG's dad: 'Shut-up son. And pass the peas.'

Good luck with the baby, too.

HG has left the building, he realises now is the time, and he is out buying properties every day.

he has seen the light to take action???

LOL
Goodluck goon!

Computer games are very socially constructive in the right setting. Some games are very addictive, requiring all of your waking hours grinding through spawns to get your Uber Sword of Amazingness. And if you're spending all your waking hours doing that, you're not doing socially destructive things like drugs, vandalism, knocking up the girls at your local high school etc.

Personally I think the Government should issue a free WoW subscription to all bored unemployed hooligan youths in high unemployment areas with high vandalism and crime problems :cool:

Disclaimer: we run a small D&D server in our spare time that eats the spare time of quite a few other people. I also happen to do the models/artwork for our own little project in what passes for my free time, when the baby is asleep and the other child isn't looking, and when we're not working on the house etc etc.

See ya Goonie!

I know we've had our public stouches and disagreements, but I've enjoyed it. I wish you and your family well now and in the future.

Go live in the now for a while and enjoy it! :D

Cheers,
Michael

That was a funny ad. Probably your best work so far, and now you are gone so you won't even know that I finally gave you props for one of your comics.

Hired goon made a lot of points that I found interesting. I never understood the economics to refute what he was saying but I disagreed as evidenced by my desire to accumulate more properties but I think it was good to have his pov.

Brace yourself specufestors as you lose money slowly for 10 years while denying it year after year.

But this is good news! You were gambling on houses never being affordable for your children and grand children - but it will be! It was a debt bubble after all and your gambles lost - take it like an adult. Who did you want to have to pay your house debts? The people who didn't want to gamble on houses but just wanted one to raise a family?

It's better this way.

I tried to set my signature to have some links but it didn't work. But here they are:

HiredGoon's housing cartoons

Why the hate for specufestors?

Gone.

Brace yourself specufestors as you lose money slowly for 10 years while denying it year after year.
That didn't last long. What happened, did the evil specufestor rejected the low offer you put in ? Your ex-buddies are in denial and dreaming if they think the prices will fall much lower or that you can just put a low offer and expect to be taken seriously. That's why after years and years of researching the market, coming up with dozens of formulas to work out the "fair value" price of property and when would be a good time to buy they are still renting. I guess that being too educated has its disadvantages.;)
Over the years you must have spent tens of thousands of hours there, just imagine if instead of all that hate, negative posts and research you bought a property and used all that hours for something productive and income producing. You could have paid off the house by now and be one of us, still its not to late to start now. Come to the dark side HG, you know you belong here. :D
Anyway, congrats on the kid and all the best whatever you decide to do.

Couldn't stay away from the darkside, could you Goon.

This is disappointingly lame, though:

You can do better than that. It sounds more like your mate Scamp.

Pressure getting to you Goon?

It's been well over a year and that 40% across the board fall hasn't happened yet.

And that baby must be getting close. I reckon the missus would be wishing she could bring it home to a house you owned.

You'd be regretting that promise you made the missus that by mid 08 she'd be able to take her pick of houses at a 40% discount.

Back