South Granville, Auburn and Lidcombe?

Hi there,

I am currently looking to invest 550K and 450K into NSW. I'm looking for the best capital gain and yield possible (aren't we all?), and have identified the areas above as somewhere in my budget that could offer houses with good yields.

I am a google whiz - but having a hell of a time getting good intel on these three areas!

Anyone know the areas and can provide some guidance on 'gotchas' for the areas please?

I had targeted units in and around Dulwich Hill, but am at this stage leaning towards homes more than units, hence the change of area to focus.

Thanks!

Lidcombe will be out of your price range now for a house.

Why Sth Granville? And not Granville?

Thought about Areas like Guildford, Sth Auburn close to berala?

Having a look at those areas now. Berala also. Just found a few in South Granville, no particular preference. Are there any gotchas on the areas? Any bad spots or major reasons to avoid? They seem ok, in reasonable positions based on the future growth out west? Thanks in advance!

Have you been to these areas? or are you simply looking at the median price and proximity to the city?

Personally I like Granville simply because where it is located and train services. I does have a TAFE. However, it is not where I would live.

Only on Google Earth! Just starting my research and getting an idea on areas. Once I have a few that the numbers stack up for, and no alarm bells on a particular area, I'll go up for a few days and drive around and see property. I'm Melbourne based. Hence I am hoping there are some locals who can give some advice on the area. :)

Always hold. Buy to rent immediately, ideally have a twist to manufacture capital growth down the track. Ie developable, rennovatable, granny flat able etc. I basically need a 6 per cent return minimum chips in terms of cash flow, then best chance for growth over short to long term. I say short, as rapid growth now means I can buy more earlier, accelerating my plan. (See my Target 2020 strategy to see where I'm coming from! Under the strategy section. Thanks!).

Back