South Hedland

Has anyone done a reno on property in South Hedland ?

If so would they be so kind as to share any tips regarding local tradesmen and material costs and anyways you used to keep a lid on costs.

PM is fine if desired.

Much appreciated :)

You would be best off doing the whole renno yourself or with a friend who is an electrician plumber and carpenter all in one!
Seriously though, any trade up there would probably charge you well over $100 an hour
Also materials... Might be best to load up the van and drive up there

Just as a word of warning I have had a number of my clients valuations come back recently a lot lower than purchase price over a year ago. The valuers notes were lengthy to substantiate the reduced value with commentary on economic position and council land releases.

With this in mind just make sure in that market that you are more cautious then ever of making sure that you don't over capitalise. This may mean make it liveable and attractive to encourage tenants but recognise you may not be able to compete with new.

PS I have been also assisting with funding for granny flats in South Hedland, the cost is about 160% of the same product in Sydney so to give you a price comparison if some are considering that option.

I hope this serves you

Jane

Last edited:
Back