• Bi-annually

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Every 2 years

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Every 5 years

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Hi All,
Am interested in the speed of purchasing IP's that our formites have on average. I know this can depend on the market and peoples SANF, but never the less, still interested.
Thankyou in advance.

very keen to find out if anyone votes on an IP purchase daily or weekly..:)

I suggest you add more options with quarterly, half yearly and perhaps longer time frames for majority of the investors

Cheers,

Gees...it depends. My first 5 purchases were all made within 18 months. After that things slowed down a bit for a few reasons. I think my next five will take about 5 years and then I plan to speed things up again.

Mia

I agree with Mia. We started in February and now have 3 IP's (already owned a PPOR). Going out of town looking this weekend - which will hopefully lead to another 1 or 2 . But basically once we get to our $1M target we will need to sit back and wait a bit :D Once the capital gain properties do there thing we can think about getting some more cash flow properties to pay us some "retirement" income.

Hi there

Hmmm... It is a question of whether you have enough equity to buy more IP's. At the moment there seems to be no shortages of it, as the house prices have rocketed.

What happens if the interest rate is say 10%... will there be many buyers? Perhaps not as many as in todays market.

It entirely depends upon the market conditions. This year I manage to aquire 4 in 6 mths, and lookout for 1 in a very near future. I must say if the interest rate goes up to 8% I may need to slow down and think strategically whether I can afford to pay the bills.

I have 2 negative geared IP and 3 (1 soon) in +geared. I am looking at balancing my portfolio, which should do quite nicely.

After that I can sit and wait or get keen again, it will be wait and see approach.

Aquiring properties is I think is a personal thing and all depends on when is the right time now, never, 1/2 yearly, 1 yearly, 2 yearly, 5 yearly.................................... ????? :confused: :eek: :eek: :) :p :D
Good luck which ever you look at it.
Happy investing

Simplicity

I think there are a lot of 'burst' investors out there....

They go buy 3-4 properties quickly then sit & digest them for a bit, then repeat. makes it hard to assign a regular purchase pattern.

And there are also those who are always looking & snap up the deals when they see them - again no real regularity to it.

So looking at average buys per year could be misleading.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Starting out....

What is the difference between bi-annually and 2 years?

You mean 2 IP every 2 years or 1 IP every 2 years. How do you mean?

Another voting choice could perhaps be "NEVER" suggestion only.

Simplicity

Entries found for Biannual in dictionary.com

bi·an·nu·al
adj.

Biannual

\Bi*an"nu*al\, a. [Pref. bi- + annual.]
Occurring twice a year; half-yearly; semiannual.

For those who thought every two years, as I did at first, that word is :-

**** biennial.
Occurring every two years;

ABC....

Thanks
Bi- naturally means 2, so, like you at first thought twice - 2 years.

Gosh.. great place to get help when you get stuck.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Simplicity

speed is only a factor of quality of what you have purchased in the past. Well not always,,, but

equity increase is needed or cash reserves need an injection to continue.

Yes we can use 5% deposit & just come up with Stamp duty & legals And I have used this method many times this yr already

but I am using the 20% equity rule here . The speed of the increase in value = the time I can purchase again. so the quality of purchase will sometimes declare the speed.

Now comes the question,,,,,,,,,, Re this thread

how many times would you buy a year. Thats a mentle decision & different to the above

cheers
ocean

I would be interested in seeing a sliding scale. How many people start slow with 1 in the first year, 2 in the second year, 3 in the third year, or something similar. Until they decide they have enough?

We bought 2 in year 1, none in year 2 and 2 in year 3. That is calendar years, Jan - Dec, currently in year 3 for us. Hopefully next year we might buy 3.

Quoll.

Very haliarious to all the voters who picked daily. I guess you have 365 properties in under a year. Which bank do you get your loan from, are you Bill Gates?
:eek: :rolleyes:

Back