Split system aircon clean, how to?

I cleaned mthe inside section of a split at home last night because it stinks like mould. The system is a Kelvinator KSE something and is 1 year old.

I sprayed a soapy mix of hot water on the fan rotor (covered with dust/mould) and inside the coils.
The back of the fan rotor was covered in mould on the plastic and was able to scrub that off.
My problem is this. When I sprayed the coils from the front, I didn't notice any of the dirty water that was going in, come back out. Is thgis water being trapped inside the unit somewhere? If so, I am going to have to dissasemble tonight, I hope someone can let me know.

Thank you.

i cant believe anyone would add water of any kind inside the unit head??

am i reading right?

all i ever do is remove the filter every two months during summer and take it outside and hose with a spray nozzle and allow it to dry properly..

sometimes just use a dry rag to wipe over where its visible after the filter is removed but definitely NO WATER inside the head, spray or otherwise

never had a drama in 20 years....

its my view that mould maybe caused by running the unit too low a temp which causes condensation in the head.

if you running continually at say 17-18 degrees it isnt really good for the unit with regards to mould...tends to increase

you may need to look and see if your evaporation pipe is blocked...ie: pipe that goes outside and drips water....lizzards gekkos are common with that issue...

regards,

tubby taylor at fujtsu :)

I clean my filter once a month, otherwise it freezes up because of lack of air-flow.

If you look inside your head, where the air blows out, you'll see mould, you're breathing in a sess pool of sorrow every time you run it. If it's 20 years old, god knows whats living in there..

Check out the Youtube cleaning videos. They show you how to clean them thoroughly inside, just not sure if mine is a different design on the chassis hence my question.

Ahhh, I think I've got it now.
It seems that I didn't see any water coming out once it went in because the evaporator coil goes to the drip pan, and in-turn outside!

Back