Still waiting for tenants?

Thank you everyone for your comments, I think I need to add the address, fix the photos, drop the price and cross my fingers. Hopefully I should get a tenant in soon :)

And get them to OFIs, and not during the day when everyone is work. Also make sure they do inspections by appointment too.

Thank you everyone for your comments, I think I need to add the address, fix the photos, drop the price and cross my fingers. Hopefully I should get a tenant in soon :)

Hi Happycats

I have the same issue at the moment. 3 weeks unrented for a unit in Kallangur. My agent also has no address on the advert so I have asked them to at least add the street which will be obvious to anyone looking in Kallangur as its off the main drag.

I'm also going to offer weekend inspections (booked).

Trying to be unbiased but I think my price, pics and location (once they know it) are pretty good so I'm hoping its just a matter of time.

My agent emailed yesterday to say there was an interested party in renting but too risky for me to consider. I think they said they have 1 other inspection coming up.

My agent emailed yesterday to say there was an interested party in renting but too risky for me to consider. I think they said they have 1 other inspection coming up.

On what grounds? Ask to be given a tenant brief to make your own judgement.

The only time we will never send a tenant brief is if the applicants do not work, cannot show anyway of paying rent/TICA issue.

As apart of the reporting to the LL, they will be advised something has come in however has been declined due to non employment/TICA related issues.

And get them to OFIs, and not during the day when everyone is work. Also make sure they do inspections by appointment too.

We have had great success with running longer duration than the "standard" 10 minute opens too.

Tenants appreciate being able to view two similar properties at similar times. 20-25min OFI's seem to work well, allowing someone to look at the first one at "5:30pm - 5:40pm" and for example still making the last half of the "5:30pm - 5:50pm" OFI.

Hi Happycats

I have the same issue at the moment. 3 weeks unrented for a unit in Kallangur. My agent also has no address on the advert so I have asked them to at least add the street which will be obvious to anyone looking in Kallangur as its off the main drag.

I'm also going to offer weekend inspections (booked).

Thanks Ramblin, I think I will get them to add the street also, they do offer weekend inspections and are doing one tomorrow. I have had applications but they are risky ones. I told them to drop the rent but they said wait for now as it is at a proper rate and they have had a few queries coming in. They told me to reassess next week if I don't get an application soon. Hopefully a good tenant will come along soon. :)

We have had great success with running longer duration than the "standard" 10 minute opens too.

Tenants appreciate being able to view two similar properties at similar times. 20-25min OFI's seem to work well, allowing someone to look at the first one at "5:30pm - 5:40pm" and for example still making the last half of the "5:30pm - 5:50pm" OFI.

Thanks Josh, I think that is a great idea, I will suggest that to them.

On what grounds? Ask to be given a tenant brief to make your own judgement.

The only time we will never send a tenant brief is if the applicants do not work, cannot show anyway of paying rent/TICA issue.

As apart of the reporting to the LL, they will be advised something has come in however has been declined due to non employment/TICA related issues.

Sorry, I think my wording implied the agent said it was too risky for me. I decided it was too risky based on the information given to me regarding age, unemployment, ability to meet payments etc and I made the judgement call.

Thanks Ramblin, I think I will get them to add the street also, they do offer weekend inspections and are doing one tomorrow. I have had applications but they are risky ones. I told them to drop the rent but they said wait for now as it is at a proper rate and they have had a few queries coming in. They told me to reassess next week if I don't get an application soon. Hopefully a good tenant will come along soon. :)

Our agent offers weekend inspections but only between 9-11am which is probably a short time frame if people are seeing a few at a time. We're going to offer all day Saturday and Sunday by appointment only. My mother is going to take care of them for me as she lives a few minutes away. She works well with a clipboard :)

My mother is going to take care of them for me as she lives a few minutes away. She works well with a clipboard :)

That is handy having your mother close by to do it, I am interstate, otherwise I would open the house myself all day Saturday and Sunday for inspections, I just have to rely on the bookings at the moment.

Hi Happycat

There is a new bridge currently being built across the motorway but I am not certain which road it is for, whether the Dakabin Link road or another one.

Hi Angel,

It is Plantation Rd and it's supposed to connect Dakabin to North Lakes, apparently you will be able to walk to Westfield North Lakes from our estate once it goes in.

Back