Stop Press: Thommo's buying a property.

I think some will be amused. :)

I've been posting here for a number of years and this is the first property I've bought in this time. While it will be an IP for years, it is unique in such a way that it will meet a family requirement I forsee. I still doubt that I would buy property today strictly as an investment though.

Thommo mate
I am amused :)
Congratulations
Is it a house and are you buying it for your retirement down the track?
Cheers

Hi all,

Ding, Ding, Ding

:eek: :eek:

And they say you never hear the bell ring at the top of the market!!!!

Let's all sell sell sell

before it's too late!!!

:D :p ;)

only kidding

bye

I think some will be amused. :)

I've been posting here for a number of years and this is the first property I've bought in this time. While it will be an IP for years, it is unique in such a way that it will meet a family requirement I forsee. I still doubt that I would buy property today strictly as an investment though.

Does that mean it must be time for the rest of us to buy some shares:
confused: :confused: :D

Well Done Richard.... any pics??

And they say you never hear the bell ring at the top of the market!!!!
Morning-Bill..
I,m told it rang last week, but they ring the bell twice a day,I start to get
worries short-term when BHP number-one trader buys back into property..
good luck willair..

Good luck with it.

Is this the prestige unit we're talking about?

I hope to be making my first property investment since 2002 in the next 6 months.

Is this the prestige unit we're talking about?

No, it was a duplex which has been extensively reno'd and converted to single dwelling in Rly Estate. Ideal for the daughter I have spoken about and possibly her bachelor brother. Two separate areas, even separate front doors.

It will allow Mrs T and I more freedom of choice in the future (which may include the unit), and certainty for her as we age. :)

I even bought a Jan Somer's book at the book-fest over the weekend. :eek:

Thommo,

You sneaky old dog. All the while pushing the BHP angle whilst you position for a strategic property purchase. Rivkin went to gaol for something similar! ;)

Good luck with it, and I look forward to you posting about IP purchases 2, 3 and 4...

Cheers,
Michael.

No, it was a duplex which has been extensively reno'd and converted to single dwelling in Rly Estate. Ideal for the daughter I have spoken about and possibly her bachelor brother. Two separate areas, even separate front doors.

Congrats. Sounds like a fantastic solution - it's great that you are in the position to do this for your kids.

If you never buy another property again, you can always leverage off the equity for more shares, right?

DJ

Back