Strata Mnger sueing LL for stress

I am the owner of a unit in a block of 4 units which are self managed. All other 3 units are owner occupied and they are complaining that my tenants are causing them stress over their petty arguements, eg kids playing, moving pot plants, car parking.
I have discussed all of these issues with my PM and she says all of these demands on my tenants are very unreasonable.
The Strata Manager says it is causing him a lot of stress, and that he will sue me for his stress as I am responsible for my tenants behaviour - which really is just normal behaviour. It is him who causes the arguements as he is so unreasonable.

My tenant is a mature aged lady and the other 2 unit owners think they own the place and expect all my tenants to be angels. He yelled at her Grandchildren because they were playing on the drive way.
Legally can he sue me for my tenants behaviour?
I get stressed from his phone calls expecting me to go and talk to them.

I would tell the Strata Mgr that he should go through the proper channels which is your property manager.

This bloke has no case against you....for him to legitate he will need money. There is no way other owners will pay for this!:)

I would simply ignore him. If he persists talk to his boss or take it up with relevant authorities in your state. You cannot unreasonably impose on your tenants a standard of behaviour. The tribunal will take a dim view if you impose unreasonable requests particularly where children are involved.

I has a situation where the Strata wanted me to pay for supposed "water damage" to the unit below. I said over my dead body....and said for them to take me to court! Have not heard back yet!:D

Remember people will try one on....

Back