Stupid sprayer bottle won't work

Not sure of the point of the thread besides venting, cause I don't thin there'll be a solution except for "buy a new one" but...

I bought a 5 Litre sprayer bottle with a spray wand, worked well the frist time with some round up so just filled it up again with 5L water and mixed in the round up..go to pump the handle to build up pressure to spray and it won't work, as if there's a hole in it. Unscrewed it , looked at it, screwed it back.. there's not much to them... still won't work.

So I poured 5L of roundup mix over a patch of weeds and put the stupid sprayer in a corner.

Last edited:
Best sprayers are stainless ones...bunnings have them usually..if they dont stock them ask and they will get one for you.

Cost around $80-$90 bucks...

Best investment i ever made going with stainless and with a quality plunger.

Bonus, spare parts come with the setup...

Last you a lifetime, no more hastles with plastic garbage....

did you unscrew the "sprayer" end of the wand and have a look and rinse it out. the mist is so fine that it doesn't take much to gunk up the nozzle, even using clean water. i found that i usually have to unscrew the nozzle every 2nd spray and clean it out. a fine needle is a great "pick".

oh - also - don't forget to check the filter at the bottom of the suction pipe. this gets clogged as well.

There should be a spring release pressure release valve on the top of the bottle. Sometimes they get stuck open and the device cant build pressure. Make sure its closed.

Buy a new one from the big green shed down the road. I picked one up for $15 6 months ago and its still going strong. Came with a whole bunch of spare orings aswell.

Boods

Back