Subdiv/PP costs in Werribee

Can any fellow expereinced people just give me a rough idea of subdivision/PP/architect fees for a house in werribee

so far ive spoken to powercore and city west water, both F*&k me around transferrring me to person to person finally getting told "we cant answer that"

then a call to council, half the people dont know and the most common answer I got was "I dont know, it depends, you;ll have to speak to planning/strategic/building department"

Just wanting to know very roughly, if I get a subdividable block of land, into two lots while retaining the house,

how much are all the council, archtitecht, utilites, application, council contribution fees etc. going to cost

I was asking the council to give me a rough figure to the nearest $10k, but they couldnt help me,

thanks everyone

Hey TMNT,
To be fair the reason they didn't answer you is because they really cannot, it actually does all depend.
Architects will charge all different amounts depending on skill and experience. Council will have a standard application fee of around $700 but then you have Storm water, it could be a couple of hundred dollars or $30,000. Sewerage the same, electricity will they need to go underground or above. Are there council contributions (probably not because your only building 1). Regardless The list really goes on and on.
If you wanted a rough figure to work towards then conservatively aim for 30-40k. You may get lucky and cost less or it could be hell and cost more (my mate had to pay 30k just for storm water). From my personal experience, stories from friends and posters on this forum, anything under 30k and you have done well.

thanks albanga,

I didnt get the answer I wanted but youve explained it well,

im looking at a property that the agent keeps on telling me its worth a gazillion dollars more because its got plans and permits for 2 x 3bdr dwellings on it, but since im not that familar with teh area, I just wanted to know roughly how much the owner has spent on it to get the permits, so I know how much extra its worth

all is good, I will keep on researching

Sorry TMNT a I maybe misunderstood your question. If it is just plans and permits then that cost is quite minimal, it is just the time that is the value.

To get plans and permits you could probably do it for under 5k no worries. It is the subdivision and connection to utilities that costs the money.

The reason however that plans are permits are valuable is because they take time to acquire. Mine for example were really quick and only took 6 months, a friend of mine took 3 years thanks to a terrible draftsmen. For a developer though they are attractive because once you buy the property you can start building, this means they do not have to pay extended costs whilst they deal with council. So they may be happy to part with an additional 50k for the land with this done as it means far less holding costs and a guarantee they can build. Sometimes plans get knocked back so if a developer buys and then spends a year only to get rejected then they have lost a stack of money. This is a safer option hence the premium they pay.

thanks albanga

I was thinking the same thing,

the app fee to the council is like $1k,

the architech for a simple 2 x dwelling townhouse must be about 5-6k,

so all up, id say the real costs are up to $10kplus time plus headaches dealing with council

obviously any developer is going to have to pay to get all the connections etc done, that Im not sure how much will cost

Back