Subdivision house numbers differ between council map and Landgate Title

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen this situation before where the lots of a strata title are numbered differently between the council map and the Landgate title.

The property has been subdivided into two using a normal strata title e.g #3 & #3A. Landgate has property #3 next to #1, but council map has #3A next to #1. Somehow they have just switched the numbers around.

Does Landgate have precedence so the change has to be made by the council?

Doesn't really fit in buying/selling process but it is something I'm questioning while going through the buying process.

Thanks,

Joel

I've seen something similar before - you can just ask the council to change it to match landgate, and it can be done fairly easily on their end.

Thanks thatbum.

Good to hear it's not a major issue but I guess I will have to do the same with utilities, unless the council updates all the utilities that the property numbers are flipped.

Trying to avoid a state of confusion when tenants get their utilities setup.

Thanks thatbum.

Good to hear it's not a major issue but I guess I will have to do the same with utilities, unless the council updates all the utilities that the property numbers are flipped.

Trying to avoid a state of confusion when tenants get their utilities setup.

The council actually updates the utilities for you I believe (at least they did for me). But it can be confusing for a bit during the transition period.

Back