Swimming Pool Safety Cert? Buyer or Seller's responsibility?

but i don't see how the pool needs to be inspected every year...? and for such a high price. just seems like a rich tax?

You really have to get past this 'I don't see why I have to confirm with the rules because the rules are unfair'. The rules are the rules. Follow them or don't play the game (applied to this situation, why did you choose a property with a pool?)

I would guess it depends on what is written into the lease agreement.

Tenants are responsible (subject to contract) for daily maintenance of the pool - chemicals, cleaning, power etc. LL is responsible for long term maintenance of all the things that wear out in association with a pool (pump, filter, cell, vacuum etc).

If you have an IP with a pool I suggest you provide service in the rent. If you have a low maintenance pool (salt, sand filter, good vacuum etc) then it should only be necessary to have the pool shop drop round once a month to balance the chemicals, backwash and empty the skimmer boxes.

CHeapest. to get the safety certificate.

Thanks for the link. i'll check them out.

if anyone else has their recommended person please post.

I'm not recommended them. I just did a Google search and they were at the top of the paid ads. Maybe you should familiarise yourself with Google?

I am pretty sure you can't legally rent the property out unless a pool safety certificate is in existence in any case.

long term maintenance you mean? (time, energy, cost) :rolleyes:

You are blind Freddie! Aside from diving (no pun intended) into property investing, your DD on this house is fairly laclustre.

a. it has a half built pool: you are kidding yourself if you belive whipping a cheap fence around it and getting a safety certificate will do yourself any favours. These are not as straight forward as you think. There are many rules and regulations to consider. The tenants are going to want use of a pool if it is there. You will also not be allowed tenants until this is in place....think of a few weeks or possibly a months holding costs added to your 'estimate'.

b. what does a half done pool look like in a backyard? Squaller - thats what. There will be green water and mould in no time, leaves that will start to break down in the water, and not to mention the insect infestation it will become.

c. CG point of view. A valuer walks into your $725k house, then discovers the above eyesore - bang, $50k negative equity....you have gone backwards on your purchase.

d. notwithstanding the above scenario, should you spend $20-30k on this pool, and a valuer walks in and sees a nice landscaped backyard - bang, your $725k house might now be in the $800k range with some others in the suburb.

e. pools have pumps and filters - not motors! My pool is self cleaning, so there is only 10mins a week of maintenence when I clear out the 4 leaf baskets once or twice a week. I swim in my pool year round, sometimes twice daily. It is 120,000L, so not a small pool by any means. Pools dont have to be high maintenence.

pinkboy

Back