Sydney - 4 weeks over 80 % clearance rates

I'd be looking at the actual suburbs auctioned,rather than op banging on about 80% clearance rates in sydney which may well suggest other wise ie:closer to the cbd...

Same methodology they've been using to report on these for a long time so historically we're comparing apples with apples :cool:

Just another indicator . After all this is a property forum ......:rolleyes:

Cliff

In any case, See Change seems to have called it right. Those who predicted doom and gloom 1-2 years back seldom post these days, presumably out of embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your spruiking sydney clearance rates SC,your tarring the whole of sydney with one brush.

Yeah i know it's a property forum but facts are facts.

Ps.And as spludgey picked up on,Charmhaven near san remo,farout.

Pss.Btw see_change spare me the rolleyes emote,do i have to be on this forum to be a sheep and not disagree and shut my mouth, when what i think is wrong or what is non-factual?Or do i need some secret hand shake to be a sheep as well and follow a singular thought process because it suits the majority?

All I'm doing is reporting a property related article , which maybe of interest to other members of a forum related to

PROPERTY INVESTING .....

Given many members of this forum have bought property in sydney in recent years , I think what I'm doing could be considered relevant to the purpose that the forum was established for.

I apologise that I didn't go into an in depth analysis of the article .

I still feel give your initial response a roll of the eyes was justified ;)

Cliff

In any case, See Change seems to have called it right. Those who predicted doom and gloom 1-2 years back seldom post these days, presumably out of embarrassment.

All the time admire S-C posts and leaning a lot from him. But hate this kind of comment from his followers because that hurts people personally.

We all should be very careful with our money now. Chinese property market started busting (somewhere the price reduced 25% over 5 days). Some big boys on SS probably very busy selling their investments now lol. Don't listen to what they say look at what they do LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
,do i have to be on this forum to be a sheep and not disagree and shut my mouth, when what i think is wrong or what is non-factual?Or do i need some secret hand shake to be a sheep as well and follow a singular thought process because it suits the majority?

No funny hands shakes,nothing but look at some of the contributions from some of the posters over the years all one can do is estimate from the past data and theories that allow some for the building of the same model going forward,not backwards..imho..

No funny hands shakes,nothing but look at some of the contributions from some of the posters over the years all one can do is estimate from the past data and theories that allow some for the building of the same model going forward,not backwards..imho..

Agreed. And S-C also just quoted from other sources. He did not create the data himself. However Spades is right: half of the truth is not the truth.

All the time admire S-C posts and leaning a lot from him. But hate this kind of comment from his followers because that hurts people personally.

We all should be very careful with our money now. Chinese property market started busting (somewhere the price reduced 25% over 5 days). Some big boys on SS probably very busy selling their investments now lol. Don't listen to what they say look at what they do LOL

We have to be carefull with our money all the time.

Getting back on track , interested in your comment about the Chinese property market crashing .

I found this link in the AFR which reports an anaemic 2.5 % increase for the year , though a decrease for the last three months . We've just had a similar period where growth went slightly backwards for a couple months which trigger opinions from some on the forum that the end of the world was near ( ok , that's a slight exaggeration on my behalf ...) . Will be interesting to see what happens

My initial reaction is that the some Chinese might want to get their money out to a greater extent , so it might push up our market even more ....

Cliff

We have to be carefull with our money all the time.

Getting back on track , interested in your comment about the Chinese property market crashing .

I found this link in the AFR which reports an anaemic 2.5 % increase for the year , though a decrease for the last three months . We've just had a similar period where growth went slightly backwards for a couple months which trigger opinions from some on the forum that the end of the world was near ( ok , that's a slight exaggeration on my behalf ...) . Will be interesting to see what happens

My initial reaction is that the some Chinese might want to get their money out to a greater extent , so it might push up our market even more ....

Cliff

I can quote the link for you here but you would not be able to read it because it is Vietnamese. But you can search those information on Chinese newspapers such as Market Watch and Life Daily (they are in English I guess). Oversupplied, changes in credit and banking policies, anti corruption measurements are main factors impacting property market in China.

IMHO a big part of Chinese money buying houses in Sydney at the moment is from corruption. Therefore you could be right that more money would come to Sydney pushing the price here further. If that is the case it won't be for very long before it goes south. And the victims of this mess will be the ordinary local Aussies who have bought their properties at the pick time, not the Chinese with corruption money or smart investors who know when to jump in and out. It is the sad part of the picture.

I'd be looking at the actual suburbs auctioned,rather than op banging on about 80% clearance rates in sydney which may well suggest other wise ie:closer to the cbd...

I'm looking at the suburbs which haven't had auctions or reduced the numbers over the same time frame. Is it simply that they're selling pre-auction, off market, going private treaty or not listing?

The truth is not what the stats are saying but what they're not saying.

I'm looking at the suburbs which haven't had auctions or reduced the numbers over the same time frame. Is it simply that they're selling pre-auction, off market, going private treaty or not listing?

The truth is not what the stats are saying but what they're not saying.

Then there's always the possibility that there is little interest in a property so the vendors decide not to go ahead with the auction , put it on for private treaty or take it off the market altogether ...

But I shouldn't say that , as that's a negative thing to say about property , and we only say positive things around here don't we folks ....:rolleyes:

Cliff

Walking past the agencies this arvo there's a lack of stock esp in the $600-$1m units and houses generally (> $1.5).

This isn't the lull before the (spring) storm, something's going on.

Walking past the agencies this arvo there's a lack of stock esp in the $600-$1m units and houses generally (> $1.5).

This isn't the lull before the (spring) storm, something's going on.

Nothing going on- it's called a lack of stock is all. Summer, autumn, winter, spring... this year has made little difference to listings levels regardless of the season and will continue, in my opinion. Strong, healthy competition ongoing in most suburbs due to an imbalance in supply vs demand. A key driver in this Sydney market is income, and until ceiling affordability limits are reached (along with other influential factors including IR rises, social sentiment and govt incentives [not that there's any forthcoming that will be of consequence in the pipeline that we know of]) I expect cg will continue across many suburbs. Time will tell....

Hi JP

What's your observation about your clients , are they getting worried about " missing out " , become more motivated ?

Cliff

We had the local REA knock on the door excitedly telling us he has sold a house in the area.

Just your typical mcmansion cookie cutter in the hills district.

It's in a poor spot located on the corner with a roundabout that shares the entrance to the local sporting fields.

Current owners bought in 2008 for $575K. Took a while to sell.

They tried to sell in 2011 at $795K but it was withdrawn.

Went to auction in June didn't sell. Auctions aren't common around here apart from their listing agency.

Listed offers over $985K.

Sold this month for $1m.

Back