Sydney buyer looking at Brisbane market

Hello all,

I'm contemplating purchasing in the Brisbane market, specifically a unit. I have been doing some research into the Toowong area lately and it seems to tick most of the boxes for me. Would like to know if anyone lives in the area or close to it and, or if any one is investing there? Any comments about the area would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hello all,

I'm contemplating purchasing in the Brisbane market, specifically a unit. I have been doing some research into the Toowong area lately and it seems to tick most of the boxes for me. Would like to know if anyone lives in the area or close to it and, or if any one is investing there? Any comments about the area would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi Free.... do a search on the suburb and brisbane, there are a heap of threads and info across the board particularly over the last 3 months,

Toowong is a great area, you pick up renters who want a quick commute to the city - try to get near the train line. Also uni students as it's next suburb over from University Of Queensland.

Toowong village is the main shopping centre. If I was looking at units in Brisbane I would buy in Toowong, but I'm after houses.

Don't go smaller then 2 bedroom, have a nice courtyard or balcony, anticipate two people renting at $200 week.

Steer clear of the main roads, some are awful.

Back