Sydney suburbs vs Brisbane

Hi there,

Im from Sydney and looking to buy my first IP in Brisvegas around 250-300k.

Can anyone tell me which Brisbane suburbs are like these Sydney suburbs:
Mt Druitt n surrounds, Liverpool, Warwick Farm, Campbelltown, Blacktown, Auburn, Cabramatta?, Berala? etc.

Lower socio economic suburbs that havent quite woken up and dont have many buyers atmo, however not as bad an area as Auburn in Sydney with the type of tenants etc. Suburbs that have a good chance of rising fast in say 5 years.

What is better in these areas, units or houses/queenslanders?

What other areas similar would you look for, I have central coast nsw and also wollongong in mind but dont know aye, maybe Brisbane is a better bet.

Would you say that most of these Brisbane suburbs Im looking for is at 9 o clock in the property cycle clock, what about central coast n wollongong?

Many thanks
Ron :D

Forgot to mention that aIm looking for cashflowvand hopefully good gains down the track, but cashflow for now. And I do know that the sydney suburbs mentioned have woken up :eek:

Well the shittest suburbs in Brisbane are Logan, caboolture, inala

The funny thing about Brisbane is that there is plenty of bogans but there isn't that many bad suburbs

Unlike Sydney where there are numerous hellholes

Ghetto white equivalent like Mt Druitt = Logan

Ghetto Asian equivalent like Cabramatta and Bankstown = Inala

I was actually thinking of Inala myself.

Ghetto white equivalent like Mt Druitt = Logan

Ghetto Asian equivalent like Cabramatta and Bankstown = Inala

I was actually thinking of Inala myself.

Just my opinion, I would avoid most of ipswitch, inala, logan and caboolture.
In general, the further you get out from the CBD, the worse it gets.

Caboolture looks so far out on the northern end to be even associated with Brisbane. Which bogan or Logan do people refer to because theres Logan Central, Loganlea but not just 'Logan'. Lol theres even a trailer park/ Shailer Park therebouts as well.:D

I like Brisbane though, laid back nice weather, nice lifestyle.

What do people think of Beenleigh n surrounds?
Goldcoast? Central Coast NSW?

Ta
Ron

Caboolture looks so far out on the northern end to be even associated with Brisbane. Which bogan or Logan do people refer to because theres Logan Central, Loganlea but not just 'Logan'. Lol theres even a trailer park/ Shailer Park therebouts as well.:D

I like Brisbane though, laid back nice weather, nice lifestyle.

What do people think of Beenleigh n surrounds?
Goldcoast? Central Coast NSW?

Ta
Ron

I like Beenleigh - I haven't caught the train in like 15 years but there used to be an express one to Altandi I think. If that still exists I could consider Beenleigh for the right price.

Caboolture - yes it's ages away.

And it's always important to remember Logan is not just one suburb! Within Logan there are suburbs that span the full spectrum of ghetto and really good.

I'm personally not a big fan of the GC because it's so dependent on tourism - prices plummeted during the GFC and crime sky rocketed. I could see myself buying a water side place there when I retire, so it would be a purely lifestyle choice, not really an investment. I guess it would depend on how strongly you think tourism is going to bounce back.

It's a shame you don't have a bigger budget, say just under $600,000 to get you into the <12 km from CBD areas on either the north or south side.

I like Carina on the south side <10 km from CBD but stick to the good spot north of Stanley Road and south of D'Arcy Road. Dominated by post war chamfer board homes - ripe for modernising but still have character. Up about 7-8% last year according to API. Close to big shopping centre, Bunnings, schools, Gateway Arterial etc.

On the north side good old Wavell Heights. The are some low areas and some where land has been reclaimed - just north of Watcombe Street where a creek used to be. Equally there are homes with CBD views but expect to pay big $. Years ago they couldn't give these homes away - how times have changed. Close to Nundah/Toombul and Chermside which both have big Westfield shopping centres.

I also like Keperra up 10-11% last year according to API. Has a train station. It's a mix of older chamfer board homes but there's also an '80s estate there on Samford Road with solid brick veneer homes and acreage further out on Samford Road.

Anyway I've said enough.

I worked in mt Druitt for many years . In the boom in the early 2000's many cashed up and moved to brisbane .

The three places they bought were logan , Ipswich and Caboolture . I was assured they were much nicer than my Druitt . We bought several in logan and did very well .

Though don't buy at the very bottom of the market as you will get bottom of the market tenants in a bottom of the market area.

As I've said many times before Logan = Mt Druitt with palm trees .

In the last cycle redcliff was close to bottom of the market , and is still close . Also check out strath pine which is close to bottom .

I think everywhere has started moving in brisbane , so I don't think its a market you can low ball in .

You will always have people who come in and say they wouldn't buy in such and such an area . Usually they mean they wouldn't want to buy in an area they wouldn't want to live in .

From my view point , it's an investment designed to make money .

Cliff

Why? I wouldn't like to live there but there are good opportunities in some of these locations. Logan LGA encompasses many diverse suburbs for example Daisy Hill which is more expensive with mostly OO houses and is popular due to John Paul College compared to Woodridge or Logan Central which has more HC stock.
It depends if you are happy buying ugly RE to some degree but making money is the key.
Several hundred thousand people live in this area and it's diverse like any large urban area.

Why? I wouldn't like to live there but there are good opportunities in some of these locations. Logan LGA encompasses many diverse suburbs for example Daisy Hill which is more expensive with mostly OO houses and is popular due to John Paul College compared to Woodridge or Logan Central which has more HC stock.
It depends if you are happy buying ugly RE to some degree but making money is the key.
Several hundred thousand people live in this area and it's diverse like any large urban area.

Yep, there are some good ways to make money in those locations and the same can be said for inner brisbane as well.

Hi. I'm also looking for similar priced houses in bris. I'd be interested in what you come up with from your research. I'm only a novice but kippa ring keeps ticking boxes for CG but lower yields. New train line being built there

Slacks Creek looks promising to me as well. Low entry costs and better yields.

Let me know what u think or what your research tells you

Adam

Love to hear the responses from the yummy mummies picking up their little darlings from John Paul College when you call them ghetto dwelling bogans!

Caboolture property

Pre 2000 I brought 4 property's in upper Caboolture average cost of 3-400k
Sold them 4 years later making between 40-60k per property. I am now looking back at this area while it's still a buyers market time is running Out fast

ok, then let's go buy in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane then, I've been suggested by my friend to get new Off The Plan apartment there for rental guaranteed.

ok, then let's go buy in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane then, I've been suggested by my friend to get new Off The Plan apartment there for rental guaranteed.

I said in general. And in response to non financial aspects such as general tenant Socio economic characteristics.

Just be careful. A rental guarantee generally means you are paying a premium to the developer for the property. The "guarantee" isn't free. It can also mean the rent return is artificially inflated. When the guarantee period ends, your rent return will suddenly drop to actual market rental value.

Also - avoid buildings with high strata costs ( lifts, gyms, etc ).

Back