Sydney - East

Hi guys,
what are your thoughts on sydney's east for an investment property?

Kingsford, Maroubra, Kensington, Randwick, Coogee are the suburbs I am looking at

Mainly in terms of capital gain

Thanks propertunity.

- Any of these suburbs better to buy in than the others?
- How does buying in the east compare to other areas in sydney at the moment?

I like Kensington because of its proximity to the city. Some parts of Kensington are quite high up and have good views. Some parts back onto golf courses.

I also like Maroubra for further capital gains (the tired beachside suburb I remeber from my uni days just keeps improving).

They are all fairly blue chip suburbs when it comes to capital gains.

Have you ever considered Rosebery for capital gains (6kms from the city, decent land size and not super expensive) ?

all those suburbs would be good for long-term buy and hold. My pick would be Coogee/Clovelly and Randwick due to them being popular/great areas and good demographic.

I agree I think Randwick and Coogee are quite good value (in comparison with surrounding areas). I love Clovelly but its an incredibly difficult suburb to get into.

I agree I think Randwick and Coogee are quite good value (in comparison with surrounding areas). I love Clovelly but its an incredibly difficult suburb to get into.

Well I have to agree as I have IP's there. Can't get any more blue chip. I have had constant tenancies with sustained rental and capital growth and very few problems since 2005.

My Clovelly purchase was bought at auction after just one inspection in 2002. 3 minute walk to beach and I believe 28% capital growth in last 12 months :)

I reckon the East suburb are relatively high prices and stable pricing. Especially with the new development in Zetland, mascot, botany area, properties are booming around the area.

I worked as a real estate salesperson and have been monitoring the prices for a while. If you are looking for a new apartments, feel free to let me know and i'll be happy to show you around.

Cheers.

Back