Sydney Investor Meetup

Sim

Administrator
Okay - after being pestered to organise regular social/networking gatherings in Sydney, I've created an account on meetup.com to use as a tool for announcing and tracking get-togethers.

So I am happy to announce the creation of the Sydney Investor Meetup group and our first gathering at the Bull & Bush hotel in Baulkham Hills on July 5th.

Please visit the group home page and sign up for an account with meetup.com (it's free). You need to join and RSVP so we know how many are coming and can book enough tables at the venue - you can choose to be notified about future events as well.

http://investing.meetup.com/570/

We'll arrange regular social events in various parts of Sydney - any suggestions for venues or activities would be welcomed (anyone interested in a Cashflow 101 games night?).

Feel free to pass on the information to anyone who may be interested.

Hi. I'm hoping to catch a plane at 5.45pm on Friday night.

So if I don't get on (I'm traveling standby so may not) I'll find a computer and try to get in before the 6pm Friday RSVP cuttoff.

Or I could just gate crash.

I can even walk home from the B&B so no worry about drinking.
Hope to see you there (well- maybe not). LOL
If I don't make it have a drink for me. I'll have one for you at sunset on the beach in Bali.

I'll be sure to catch the next one if not.

You should RSVP as a "maybe" LynneeD (meetup.com allows you to do that) - we just need rough figures to make sure we book enough tables.

well i live in Castle hill, so im just 5 mins away :)
I should definitely come along, and bring my gf too.

I would also definitely be interested in a CF101 games night!!

What time?
I'll try to make it. I also live in walking distance! But I'm away the 2 days before, so I'll just have to see how I go.
Pen

Hi Sim,
This will be my second meeting (first was at Glebe), question for you.
We've got a young family, do people bring thier kids to these gatherings or is it a big no no...its hard to find someone to watch 3 kids in the one go :-(
Worse case, I'll attend myself and see how it goes...need to get some advise to buy IP no:2.
Cheers
Trev

Hi Trev,

The SIG meetings in Glebe aren't suitable for kids.

These kid-friendliness of the social/networking events vary by venue and what the aim of the gathering is (and the age of your kids!). The Bull & Bush is a pub - so not necessarily all that kid-friendly ... there isn't any room for them to run around - and seating is generally pretty squeezy too.

Mostly these events are just a bunch of us sitting around talking - the kids will probably find it very boring.

We have previously organised family picnics somewhere kid-friendly - which we must do again later in the year when the weather is nicer, they were very well received.

Sim'

G'day Sim,

A definite maybe for me. I live close, and think I will be in Syd for the 5th July. If I am, I'm there !!

And, re future events, yep, Cashflow 101 - I have one, and always interested in another game with others. I've ticked the "let me know" box, so will be watching my email.

Good work dude - and Jacque and Perky too - hope to catch up,

hi simm
run passed the cf101 game what is it

Hi GR,

CF101 = Cashflow 101 board game. A game invented by Robert Kiyosaki that is kind of like Monopoly, but with an investment focus.
Its a fun game to play!

We have the board game too, but no one else to play it with :(

Reminder everyone - the meetup is this Saturday. Please sign up and RSVP (even if only "maybe") so we can finalise numbers with the B&B by the end of the week!

Look forward to seeing you there ... I'll make up some Meetup signs so we will be easier to find:
logo_82.png

Hi GR,

CF101 = Cashflow 101 board game. A game invented by Robert Kiyosaki that is kind of like Monopoly, but with an investment focus.
Its a fun game to play!

We have the board game too, but no one else to play it with :(

Me Too! I've always wanted to play it, bought my kids their version and they love it.

I can't come to this meeting because I'm still BF my newborn.:(

Regards Jo

wont be able to make it this weekend. My dad is moving house and my sister is in town until monday.... so im pretty booked out :(

Back