Sydney Metro Line Development

I remain cynical as well, Edison, along with thousands of other Northwest residents who've heard it all before.... :rolleyes:

I'll only believe it when the first clod of soil is turned!!

Fingers crossed however I doubt morris will be at the next election anyway so his replacement can easily drop it.

No they can't the NW corridor has too many voters...:)
The added benefit is that it will take so many cars off the road
so it will provide relief on the M2

No they can't the NW corridor has too many voters...:)
The added benefit is that it will take so many cars off the road
so it will provide relief on the M2

I am with Jacque.....remain skeptical as they have done too many backflips. :D

For a change they actually have a decent website for it .....

http://www.sydlink.com.au/

Not to mention "computer simulations" and "artists impressions" .....

Looks like Morris is desperate to get his name in the history books. At the end he needs to do something grand to change his popularity ......

For a change they actually have a decent website for it .....

http://www.sydlink.com.au/

Not to mention "computer simulations" and "artists impressions" .....

Looks like Morris is desperate to get his name in the history books. At the end he needs to do something grand to change his popularity ......

Yeah and he might win some Liberal votes as a result as well :)

Wow Gladesville is gonna get a rail link. Finally I can leave the car at home....in 4 years time.

Actually make that 9 years time at the minimum ...... Based on the current government it could take another 20 years .....

But if they actually build metro then I expect Gladsville/Top Ryde/Denistone East goes up in value .........

Well well well the long awaited presentation for the Sydney Metro line development.

Let's see how long it takes for them to plan then shelve the project again .....

I laughed when I saw Morris on the news at the press announcement, ..... he actually expected the media and the public to be excited about the news, ..... You could tell by the underwhelming response of deafening silence from the media that they were thinking "here we go again" and "haven't we heard this all before". I genuinely believe that Morris believes we are all to stupid to see through it ....

I forget who said it, but it reminds me of the story that goes .... "If you sit down at a poker game and spend 20 minutes looking around the table for the patsy and you can't spot them, then their's a good chance it's you" ..... I reckon Morris is having difficulty spotting the patsy.

Martin .... :D

I forget who said it, but it reminds me of the story that goes .... "If you sit down at a poker game and spend 20 minutes looking around the table for the patsy and you can't spot them, then their's a good chance it's you"

It's a great quote from Matt Damon's character in the movie Rounders

"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Reactions: BV
Is it acctually possible to find out the rough location of each exit at these stops?

I mean, assuming the prices of the stationed areas will go up, then it's good to buy now, but not right next to the station entrance!

I don't think you can find this info on that website, maybe go to the gov planning office?

Is it acctually possible to find out the rough location of each exit at these stops?

I mean, assuming the prices of the stationed areas will go up, then it's good to buy now, but not right next to the station entrance!

I don't think you can find this info on that website, maybe go to the gov planning office?

No way I would buy right next to the station entrance ..... All those areas will probably turned into high rise apartments .....

They don't have the exact station areas yet, but for stops from Cherrybrook to Rouse Hill they are most likely using the same stop as their original North West rail link proposal.

Interesting to see when , as an investor you'll realise any cap gains with the metroline

If u use the template that there are 3 stages of potential gains relating to infrastructure development (with apologies to Bernard Salt;)): when the announcement is made, when construction commences and when construction is complete we are somewhere in stage 1 at the moment

Based on the fact this is just a variation on a theme of earlier projects (although a more efficient variation), perhaps the gains to be made from the announcement are already built in to prices along the line

Does that mean the next gains are to be made when construction commences? And if so what happens if the plan changes after construction kicks-off (the current Syd UBD has a proposed rail line running from Epping to Carlingford which ain't happening)?

Interesting times..

what happens if the plan changes after construction kicks-off (the current Syd UBD has a proposed rail line running from Epping to Carlingford which ain't happening)?..

The Epping to Carligford line would have benefited a small amount of people
when the metro line will benefit the whole NW region and will take off the road thousands of cars.

Yes it's a more costly project but there is no way around it.
This infrastructure is long overdue and in fact it won't be enough to solve the transportation needs of the NW region.

They would need to extend the M2 with at least 2 more lanes (each way) as well.

Cheers

Yes it's a more costly project but there is no way around it.
This infrastructure is long overdue and in fact it won't be enough to solve the transportation needs of the NW region.

Absolutely agreed BV- my point is that given the history of misadventures with transport infrastructure delivery (as recently as the lane cove tunnel), at what point will real CG be realised?

Absolutely agreed BV- my point is that given the history of misadventures with transport infrastructure delivery (as recently as the lane cove tunnel), at what point will real CG be realised?

People are lazy so I guess the real CG gains will come when it is in the middle of construction. However the problem is trying to get there at the first place. Too many promises, then all these planning then shoving the plan into the bin.

Once they start digging and paying big $$$ to some contractors to do the work then you see real CG gains.

Back