Sydney: Nice Sydney...Pity no Regular SS Meetings

The problem with Glebe is that they started wanting us to pay them quite a bit of money for the use of their (rather noisy) room.

I always smile when I see this kind of small thinking from venues. Now due to them wanting to be a little greedy, they miss out on the sales of drinks and meals from the many people that used to attend.

I miss the meetings at Glebe (but it was a bit noisey at times).

There were some really good meetings. I think the ones with three or four somersoft members presenting their experiences in a panel format were invaluable.

I miss the meetings at Glebe (but it was a bit noisey at times).

There were some really good meetings. I think the ones with three or four somersoft members presenting their experiences in a panel format were invaluable.

I agree! It was always a great night.

A bit closer to the city would be better for those that live south of the bridge! Although the other meeting that is on at Parramatta is also too far away for most (unless you live out that way of course)....

Oh well, you can't have everything eh!:eek:

When Glebe told me it would cost $150 to use the room, I started looking for other venues. HandyAndy and Piston Broke came up with a couple of venues , but it went no further from that point (lack of time on my part to follow through , with too much happening in my life).
Glebe was a good spot.
Thanks to Sim for organising the next get together.

When I did a ring around, a few hotel bars (4-5 star, not pubs btw) were more than willing to accomodate.
Including a few offers to partition off a corner of their public bar.
Mainly around Parramatta/Auburn which is actually the centre of the Sydney metro for those with a map.

When I did a ring around, a few hotel bars (4-5 star, not pubs btw) were more than willing to accomodate.
Including a few offers to partition off a corner of their public bar.
Mainly around Parramatta/Auburn which is actually the centre of the Sydney metro for those with a map.

This is sounding a little promising and exciting...seeing as I have never been to one of these famous 'Glebe panel meetings', what would it take to start them up again at aforementioned other venues?

seeing as I have never been to one of these famous 'Glebe panel meetings', what would it take to start them up again at aforementioned other venues?

1. Find 3-5 people willing to be panellists
2. Call one of the venues and ask if they have free space available for up to 100 people (or more depending on interest)
3. Post in Meeting Point letting everyone know what you've organised

Back