Sydney opportunities...

Lads,

Looking at a major investment this year to set ourselves up once this expat lark comes to an end. Since it's just the 2 of us we are looking at a nice apartment in central sydney with parking and pleasant outlook close to harbour and CBD.

Potts Point is on the radar. 2/22 wylde st looked great till wife called agent and found out owner is looking for 2.25m:eek: I thought they'd be happy to take about 1.2m!

If anyone has any insights into the quality of buildings in the potts point area (ca. 1 to 1.5m spend on a 2 bedroom apartment with parking), please let me know. I'm hoping some of may live there or have a deep knowledge of the area??

Sydney opportunities

Hi Oscar
as an alternative to Potts Point, have you thought of Jacksons Landing at Pyrmont? Very close to CBD (walking distance) great views of harbour, parking for all units, nice community feel, pet friendly, good amenities and excellent security. We lived there for 4 years and only left when 3 of our 4 kids came back from overseas due to the GFC. Now we are back in a big house which I love, but do miss the convenience and the view of the NYE fireworks from the balcony.
In your price range there are many units to choose from. You could get a 3 bedder for around $1.5-2.0. Check out
http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/by-pzmpyr/list-1
Raine and Horne City Living have a large range and are very efficient RE agents. Ask for Stephen Whyte - great agent to do business with.
Good luck with your search
Sally

Hi Salla, thanks for the tip on the agent. I'm kind of wedded to the grime of Potts, but looking at the alternatives helps me to gauge the value. cheers,

Back