Sydney Social Gathering (SSG)- next one?

Seeing as the last one looked so successful, how about we get onto organising the next one? Yuch, if you're too busy, I'm happy to book a venue (let me know!).

After chatting to others who couldn't make it last time, we've come up with Thursday Aug 21st or Friday night Aug 22nd. Let's kick it off at 7.30pm so as to give everyone time to come home from work, bath the kids etc etc. As for a venue, how does Castle Hill sound? The Hillside Tavern is very nice, or even Castle Hill Tavern. What does everyone think?

Great idea to keep the momentum going Jacque:)

I'll vote for Thursday and Castle Hill is fine as long as it is in the Sydney UBD:D

Ani

It is in the UBD, and by coincidence happens to be Very near to where a certain member of the forum lives.

I'd vote for Wahroonga, one problem , there aren't any decent cheap restaurants there.....

Castle hill is ok with me , though won't know re time until closer to the date. I'd prefer thursday , as I have a chance of getting there, Friday nights are not the best time to do things in our household.

see change

Hey,

If we're gunna travel as far as Castle Hill, why not go that little bit further (like investors do) and have it at the Mean Fiddler in Rouse Hill? Great venue and atmosphere!

Michael G

Hehe! I'm happy to go to the Mean Fiddler, Michael- I've been there a few times and agree it has a nice ambience (and heating!)

Seech, Castle Hill isn't too far away! And, hey, I think it's good to vary the venues- allows all of us to have a turn in our LGA. :)

I don't buy into this 'LGA turns' bit.

You make a decision whether you are coming & then you come - regardless of where in Sydney the event is held.

Jacque, the last event was in the city - whose LGA was this in??

How do we determine whose LGA gets an event next? By who speaks loudest or first?

Isn't the aim to try to get the maximum number of people along - that way we ALL get more value from the gathering!

I prefer for us to continue to select central areas where the majority of people can travel too with a minimum of time and difficulty. Of course, there needs to be a good venue as well.

Parramatta is located central to Sydney, Bankstown isn't far from there (particularly considering M5, Hume & King Georges Rd which changes names to Roberts then again up past the Olympic site). City is OK as well - despite being a long haul from way out west.

Castle Hill is not so central and may be more difficult for many people to get to.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Well, why don't we let the people coming decide? I don't mind Parramatta, as I've already said, but I do find the city expensive and a hassle with parking.

Let's do a poll and find out who is willing to travel to where and let's make a definite date for Thursday Aug 21, as this is the most popular night so far. Say, starting at 7.30pm?

Alright!! Stop fighting you peoples!!

well, I would prefer 22 August though....

But 21 August is ok too...

Location wise, if everyone is happy to come to Means Fiddler, I will but both my hands and feet up!

Actually, I was thinking about organising a Cashflow Day for August's meeting.

Do you ppls prefer a social gathering or a Cashflow Day?

Both dates are fine with me - it just seems like sooo far away!

I live in Baulkham Hills, so Castle Hill would be *perfect* for me. But I wouldn't mind Parramatta either if it came down to it.

If you decide on a cashflow night, I can bring a board (or two). Just let me know!

Can't wait to meet up!

Ads.

FWIW, I'd prefer a Friday night and Parramatta or Bankstown is my preferred choices, but have car will travel!

Social or game playing are both fine with me.

Cheers
Olly

I strongly suggest that you keep cashflow nights and social nights separate. If you want to play cashflow, play cashflow. If you want to chat, chat. It's difficult to both at the same time effectively.

If we organise regular get togethers, I don't think it matters whether we have them all over the place - you go if you can and it's not the end of the world if you can't.

Hi All

I would prefer Bankstown or Parra as I have to travel from Sutherland, Castle Hill is at the other end of the world.

I don't mind the city, though. (for those eastern subs types who get lost crossing George st)

Friday night is fine, so is saturday as long as it is not the first saturday in the month.

Cheers

I would also prefer Parra or Bankstown areas

EG Revesby workers club - no need to book ! M5 makes it a 30min run from the city after 6.30pm and parking is plentiful.

Thurs nite would also be better for me.

NickM

SSG meeting

I haven't attended any of the gatherings to date, but would certainly like to.

I'll weigh into the debate with a vote for Thurs 21st. Friday nites are permanently out for me, but could do any other nite of the week.

I live in Hills District so Castle Hill would be easy, but agree it is generally more practical to have a central location like Parramatta. I don't object to moving the venue around a bit so the same people aren't doing all the travelling every time.

Seeing 21st Aug is some weeks off ........ plenty of reminder notices as the date approaches would be welcome.

See you there!

OutBy50.

Just found out that Rick is organising a BIG Cashflow day/night in Sydney soon, so I think we will just keep 21/08/2003 a social night.

As to where? What about Bankstown Sports Club?

Which Rick, Yuch?

Well, judging by the results of the poll, it looks like Parramatta is a clear winner and Thurs Aug 21st seems to be the preferred date. Can anyone suggest a nice warm venue?

Back