“Sydney’s housing shortage save its ‘bacon’ and leads all markets in Australia”

interesting read prop, thanks. Interesting that his second tip was regional qld mining areas.. I still don't know if I would invest there in case the mining boom comes to a grinding halt..

interesting read prop, thanks. Interesting that his second tip was regional qld mining areas.. I still don't know if I would invest there in case the mining boom comes to a grinding halt..

From memory last time with mining the nickel, copper, vanadium mines took the big hits?

Sunfish maybe able to offer more info'

Sunfish maybe able to offer more info'
Dunno! But the established mining towns will always be there.

Even if the price halves for our bulk products our big mines will continue. That would just be the normal operating environment for them anyway. Particularly with LNG the capital cost is the main cost. Once the liquefaction trains are built they WILL be kept going. "One mine" towns are more at risk. The unions nearly destroyed Collinsville twenty years ago.

New development would slow and that would relieve pressure on rents but there will always be demand. If the sums work with "high, but not unreasonable" rents I would take the punt.

Note: I, personally, no longer invest in RE.

Back